Don't Drink and Drive

whudats

Jail for driver who decapitated friend

Wednesday, May 25, 2005 Posted: 6:35 PM EDT (2235 GMT)

MARIETTA, Georgia (AP) -- A drunken driver who veered off the road and decapitated a friend was sentenced to five years in prison Wednesday.

John Kemper Hutcherson, 21, pleaded guilty to vehicular homicide in the death last August of 23-year-old Frankie Brohm, whose head was severed when the car grazed a telephone pole support wire.

The two men were on their way home from a bar after a night of drinking when Brohm stuck his head out the window because he thought he was going to be sick, authorities said.

Police said Hutcherson was apparently unaware his friend had been decapitated -- and drove more than 10 miles to his parents' home, where he went inside and fell asleep with the headless body still in his truck.

A neighbor discovered the body the next morning.

Investigators said Hutcherson's blood-alcohol level was probably more than twice the legal limit at the time of the accident.

Brohm's family had asked for leniency for Hutcherson, who was the victim's childhood friend.

I would have a hard time having any kind of mercy on someone who drove drunk. Please don't do it guys. It's not worth it...

(edited)

Only five years? :boo:

This reminded me of a mother and her two children who had been killed by a drunk driver a few weeks ago not to far away from me. Thousands of people were at their funeral.

Edited by VooDooPC

i have known 3 people who died in a drunk driving accident and another person who was a driver that killed the passenger in a different accident

please encourage your school to start up a safe rides program (this is for the high schoolers) IT WILL SAVE LIFES

Only five years?  :boo:

This reminded me of a mother and her two children who had been killed by a drunk driver a few weeks ago not to far away from me. Thousands of people were at their funeral.

that was so sad, was driving an suv and just plowed over them in their civic.

he had an alcohol level of .43, which is 5 times the allowed level. ridiculous.

Guest Sh0rtD0gg
Guest Sh0rtD0gg
Guest Sh0rtD0gg
Guests

This is very very very sad.

But, thats some hardcore drinking if you could drive 10 miles and not notice ur friends head chopped off. You should wonder whats up when hes not answering you back.

wow thats just a hop skip and a jump from me....I'm in Athens GA. Saddly Athens is really bad for drunk driving. With UGA being one of the top party schools, and our downtown is pretty much just all bars (granted they are full of beautiful young girls) you take your life in your hands just driving thru on a friday night

I lost my niece to adrunk driver a few years ago. She was 16 on her way home from Bible study. The guy who hit her - not a scratch - no jail time just a fine and probation pfft. Everyone knows not to drink and drive so to do it should have the death penalty if there is a homicide involved. It would smack the morons in the face and wake em up to the joy of a cab ride if they had real consequences to thier actions.