Where HAVE you lived?

whudats

(edited)

Hey! I'm just curious to see where everyone has lived, including your current residence... I'm sure we have people who have lived all over, and some that were born, raised, and still live in the same place.

Post up!! :boing:

Edited by whudats

From Sun Prairie, Wisconsin...currently living in Sun Prairie, Wisconsin. During the school year I live in a dorm on the campus of UWW. Gets kinda crazy around there, especially Thursday nights. :spin2:

Lived in north London all my life (UK). In september I'll be moving into central London for university.

The university is next to the university ranked 4th in the world, although, unforuntatly its only next to it, mines ranked something like 100th... <_<

Hey Bandito - Nothing in between Knoxville and Denver? How did you end up in Denver?

To add a rule - we'll say count anywhere that you lived for 6 months or more...

My crazy moving life goes like this:

Born in Gillette, WY

Rochester, NY

Washington, D.C.

Indianapolis, IN

Pittsburgh, PA

Denver, CO

Casper, WY

Elkhart, IN

Tucson, AZ

Ft. Benning, GA

Washington, D.C. (Ft. Myer, VA)

El Paso, TX (Ft. Bliss - what a misnomer)

Colorado Springs, CO (Ft. Carson)

Fremont, OH

Toledo, OH

and finally, Chicago, IL

Hopefully I won't be moving again anytime soon. I'm so sick of moving...

:yuck:

In the immortal words of Maclean & Maclean, "I've traveled all over this country and I've seen......"

Tompkins, Saskatchewan

Climax, Saskatchewan ( yes there really is a place called Climax, Saskatchewan :lol2: )

Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan

Regina, Saskatchewan

Cornwallis, Nova Scotia

Kingston, Ontario

Borden, Ontario

Greenwood, Nova Scotia

Ottawa, Ontario

Russell, Ontario

Cornwall, Ontario

In the immortal words of Maclean & Maclean, "I've traveled all over this country and I've seen......"

Tompkins, Saskatchewan

Climax, Saskatchewan ( yes there really is a place called Climax, Saskatchewan :lol2:  )

Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan

Regina, Saskatchewan

Cornwallis, Nova Scotia

Kingston, Ontario

Borden, Ontario

Greenwood, Nova Scotia

Ottawa, Ontario

Russell, Ontario

Cornwall, Ontario

Hmm, several or most of those have Canadian military bases or military affiliations, I smell a plot!!

Hey Bandito - Nothing in between Knoxville and Denver?  How did you end up in Denver?

Several things. My wife has family out here.

I graduated with a Civil Engineering degree and wanted to pursue large scale structural design (see skyscrapers) and there wasn't much of a market for that in Knoxville. I wanted to go to a larger metropolitan area. Turns out, there wasn't much market for that anywhere....LOL....I guess that's why I'm a Water Resources Engineer now.... Although, there's a chance I'll be moving back to Knoxville to take a job as a structural engineer, I have an interveiw while I'm visiting back home next week. I wouldn't be designing skyscrapers, but I would be designing buildings.

I love big city downtowns. I have more fun riding the train into the city and just walking around between the big buildings than I do playing CS. I guess that's why pursued structural engineering. Although, when you have kids, they seem to come first, that's why we are looking at moving back. To be closer to grandparents.

That's cool. Have you been to Chicago (I suppose the answer is obvious considering how much you like skyscrapers)? We took the riverboat architectural tour last year and have decided that it is thesingle best thing you can do if you visit here.

Good luck with your interview. It's always nice being close to family.

That's cool.  Have you been to Chicago (I suppose the answer is obvious considering how much you like skyscrapers)?  We took the riverboat architectural tour last year and have decided that it is thesingle best thing you can do if you visit here.

Good luck with your interview.  It's always nice being close to family.

Yes, I have been to Chicago, but unfortunately we were only there for like a day and a half. I have a buddy from college who's parents live outside of Chicago. So we went up to see them and then on up camping in Wisconsin. Whew, that's a story for another time. Anyway, I did go down to Navy Pier and got to taste real Chicago, Pizza....Geordannos or something like that???? AWESOME is all I can say. Oh yeah, filling too.

I have heard that the architectural tour is awesome as well. Just haven't gotten to do it yet. My wife's parents live outside of Champaign and she went to college in Peoria. So we are up that way quite a bit even living out here. I will definately get to it some time. I would also like to go to the big science museum that is there, forget the exact name. I hear its really neat too.

There are so many cool things to do here. You must have had Giordano's Pizza. Yes - very tasty. They compete with Geno's East, Lou Malnatti's, and Eduardo's for best deep dish every year. When my brother comes to visit we are going on a Chicago pizza marathon - from thick to thin and everything in bewtween. The pizza here is great!

Number one on your list has to be the architectural boat tour. It was amazing. The museum you speak of is the Museum of Science and Industry. I haven't been there since I was in 8th grade ('80's), but I hear it is pretty cool now. I'm going to the Field Museum (Natural History) in a couple of weeks. They have a lot of dinosaur exhibits if you have kids who like dinosaurs...

It's a great city!

Army. I enlisted Infantry after graduating from the U of AZ (Tucson), and went to The Old Guard in DC for a year or so before going to OCS at Ft. Benning. After some fun at Ft. Bliss, then back to Benning, I was assigned there at Ft. Carson. I'm in the reserves now at Ft. Sheridan just north of Chicago.

Carson is probably one of the most requested posts in the Army - I was so lucky to get that assignment. You can't beat living in Colorado for all the outdoor activities. I do miss it.

Warren sounds familiar. Is that an AF, Air Guard, or Army Guard post? I think I remember my dad going there every now and then. Is that in Cheyenne?

I was born in Philly and lived there until I was 16 and have been living in Sarasota, FL since (19 now).  During the school year I live in Orlando at UCF.

I have friends that live in Philly - right by Gino's. And my mom lives in Allentown. A friend of mine plays on the UCF Football team - Kyle Story (Soph. O-Lineman).

Coolio. Do you water-ski? I know a guy who went to UCF on a water-skiing scholarship...

(edited)

Born downtown Toronto (I have to say downtown because so many people claim Toronto but actually live outside the actual city...it's kinda big...) and moved to Montreal to go to McGill...so now I live in downtown Montreal...however...I spent most of my childhood on a farm just outside of London Ontario, and in a small house near the Great Cambridge roundabout in London England...no coincidence there...trust me...

Edited by anonymo

I've moved around a little bit.

Lake Odessa, Mi

Cleveland, Tn

Kentwood, Mi

Detroit Lakes, Mn

Frazee, Mn

Caledonia, Mi

Now I'm back in my home town of Lake Odessa. I have a 35 mile drive to work(Grand Rapids) but it's nice being close to the family again.