Trying to negotiate a lunch/dinner deal

MrDuke

I'm trying to work out a deal with McDonalds and Taco Bell to provide us lunch at a discounted rate.

Currently, I have a local burger place (Swensons--great food) but they won't budge on pricing. CBurgers are $1.65 so you can get by w/ about $5 for lunch.

More as I get it...

Woohoo! Goooo Duke!

Does Swensons do breakfast like McDonald's, or are they more your traditional lunch / cheap dinner burger joint?

Addresses of anybody who helps us out would be cool, too: We could make sure to patronize them.

Also, do you know much about food that's more old-fogey friendly? I guess more like Blossom's from the sounds of it, somewhere you can get a dinner that doesn't come wrapped in a grease-soaked sheet? Don't get me wrong, I love my Taco Bell, but it would be nice to have someone who's familiar point out more restaurants.

Thanks for all your hard work!

Swensons had the #1 ranking in the nation at one time.

It's like a 1950s drive-in burger shop. We can arrange to order a hundred or so burgers and drop them off at the hotel.

There's a Bob Evans real close and plenty of other places within a couple of miles. Damon's and TGI Fridays comes to mind for us old folks.

I've got discounts going at McDs and TB but keep in mind we can't do both. I'm leaning more towards TB only because a burger just doesn't taste right after...imbibing.

We used to have a Swenson's back home that served burgers and stuff, but they were primarily an ice cream joint.  Is this the same place?

They do some icecream/shakes but their specialty is burgers. Once you eat one, I promise you'll be lookin' them up next time you're in the area.

Where abouts was the one back home?

Knoxville, TN

I say they were primarily ice cream. They closed when I was like 10, so back then if they served ice cream, to me they were primarily an ice cream shoppe. I do know they had been around for a long time and served burgers and fries and stuff. Had a long counter at the register where they kept the ice cream chilling, I can still taste the ice cream with bubblegum balls in it....kinda like Marble Slab does now but Swensens was the first place I'd ever seen that....I also used to like going there because they had a model train that went around the ceiling of the whole restaurant...I used to sit there and watch that thing for hours.....

Ok, here's what I got set up.

We're going with Taco Bell. I got the price down to almost $0.65 per taco.

BUT, we have to order in 50s. For every 50 we order we get 10 free (or 20 free for every 100 ordered for you slower folks).

I'm guessing we'll do an order on Friday night and throughout the day Saturday. I'll probably have a board up for the orders and we'll just wait until we get a minimum of 50 before we make a run.

They can't handle huge orders (300) efficiently on Saturdays so be patient and work w/ me.

Also, if you can't eat 6 or 12 at a time, find a buddy.

Tacos only.

Buy your own sour cream too...

Yeah frozen custard is good Rashad, I keep telling Gond about a new restaraunt down the street from him called Culvers, they have some good frozen custard and butter burgers... Mmmmm