AS A FELLOW AWPER...............

Guest Team.lmb < Keith. >

Guests
(edited)

Please anyone explain the benfits to playing in a SCOPELESS SERVER?

OTHER THEN NO AWP :boo:

??? lmb mite take a trip to invesigate (sado,killtom,theUSed) 2.40+ kd only wit rifles

please.... some insite

Edited by Team.lmb < Keith. >

AWPs suck.

Ever tried sniping with a shotgun? Intresting experience. Scary part is how well it works :D

I think a good amount of us playing the scopeless server are just sick of people who get good at one shot kills with the awp...point click, all that matters is your reflex timing for when someone comes out of the door. Several maps where the Ts romp it up get completely turned around to the CTs advantage without scopeless...the Famas gives the CTs a very good advantage.

lol silent hit the nail on the head....... basically it all comes down those who like to play with out scopes vs. those who do, blah blah blah.... everyone's own opinion, thats why there is a scoped and scopeless server. dont like one play on another..... those kind of things...i'll just save you from the responses that will follow and will all generally say the same thing in the end. its just one person's preference vs. another's.

(edited)

...scopes used to be fun.

I'm sure people like SS and Java and Kilz (along with other regs) have had similar experiences, but generally speaking, on your average pub, I'd kill some 'awesome' autosniper dood from a billion miles away with my M4, pick it up, decimate their entire team, appologize for using it for three rounds (only if they're really, really, really all getting their GirlScout on in the corner, and I get miffed) and then hand it over to my teammate and use a gun that doesn't zoom to 8x, do 80 damage/shot, and fire 2+ rounds per second.

Could I do that on Stock? Probably not. Scopeless came around in January, I think, and I really haven't played much else, since... ...plus Sim and the CsLs are a little bit better with the dirty-cheap T sniper than your standard pub-nubbin. However, if you ask Sim, I used to go shot for shot with him in Recrud. He with a scout, and me with an M4. We'd get the same kills, from the same distance, in the same time.

I also notice that you 1-shot wonders (AWPers, scouters and Tsnipers) are getting worse and worse at shooting people in the head, on a whole. Just an observation I had while babysitting a few friends in Stock.

Edited by Norguard

It is just preference. I hate getting killed with one shot, from across the map, from a guy that spent his time trying to find the perfect place to hide. I am sure it is fun for that guy, but I don't like it.

Another point, a good sniper can hold a team at bay. I think that some maps are lop sided enough. Of course a person w/o a scope can do that same, but I will take my odds against a scopeless person, just because I know I can get closer.

The main advanatage and point of Scopeless as I see it is this:

It gives a different style of gameplay. As some of the other guys mentioned, it changes how some maps are played, making them more even in some cases, even turning around some maps completely.

This is why I play scopeless most of the time, it's a different kind of CS:S but on the same maps we've played for years. I"m not saying that I hate scopes, quite the contrary, I've got quite a bit of skill with the awp and scout. I just like to try something different now and then.

Scopeless emphasizes fine tuning your aiming even more because you don't have that scope to zoom in out them. It's not better though, just different.

The other thing I like about it is that it gives other guns a chance that they may not have in a Stock game. In the majority of the Stock games I"ve played I almost never see shotties being used, in scopeless almost anyone can pick up a shotty and do some good with it.

As I said, it's a different style of gameplay, and that's why we love it :hug:

I love the scopeless theme, it does make for a closer, more fun game. Any n00b can AWP you from T spawn on Dust2, but get good enough to do it consistantly with an M4 or an AK and youll be a better player for it.

You can't camp on a crate a 1/2 mile away eating a bag of cheetos while wiping out the competition, while patting yourself on the back in the scopeless server , you gotta get in there and get dirty :D

Guests
(edited)

:hug:

i can't wait to show team.lmb the new scopeless.cfg for the west server!!!

:hug: funny guy. did I mention that Team.lmb's previous server was scopeless ? :spin2::spin2::spin2:

Edited by Team.lmb < Keith. >

Guests
You used to play on a scopeless server yet you come here to ask people why they play on a scopeless server like it was some bizarre concept.

reason i played there was ummmmmm lets see the 18-25 ping I got

not b/c i disliked the awp

I just used the scout instead :wiggle2:

if you can use a scout then its not a scopeless server :)

The type of game play on the scopeless server is soo much better then standard pub servers. Besides, twinkle toes little script kiddies dont like playing on the server....so much nicer voice chat :)

Guests
if you can use a scout then its not a scopeless server :)

The type of game play on the scopeless server is soo much better then standard pub servers.  Besides, twinkle toes little script kiddies dont like playing on the server....so much nicer voice chat :)

:luxhello:

(edited)

Yeah - HUGE difference between AWPless and Scopeless.

It's not the AWP we got rid of -

*Five minutes into a typical map filled with pub-nubs.*

"OMGosh! I can't buy an AWP!!!"

"...erm... ...it's scopeless."

"But what about a scout?!?"

"...does it zoom?"

*Two rounds later:*

"OMGosh!!!!!! I can't buy Bullpup/Kreig/Auto?!?!?"

"......."

"OMGOSH!!!!!"

"...does it zoom?"

*Wash, rinse, repeat for every single map that's less than 80% regulars.*

Edited by Norguard

Guests
Yeah - HUGE difference between AWPless and Scopeless.

It's not the AWP we got rid of -

*Five minutes into a typical map filled with pub-nubs.*

"OMGosh!  I can't buy an AWP!!!"

"...erm...  ...it's scopeless."

"But what about a scout?!?"

"...does it zoom?"

*Two rounds later:*

"OMGosh!!!!!!  I can't buy Bullpup/Kreig/Auto?!?!?"

"......."

"OMGOSH!!!!!"

"...does it zoom?"

*Wash, rinse, repeat for every single map that's less than 80% regulars.*

LOL!!!!!!!!!!

its funny huh nor how often we have to repeat ourselves regarding the rules and regs in the server to ppl that have played in the server multiple times and have asked the same questions b4 and recieved the same response.

Guest Sh0rtD0gg
Guest Sh0rtD0gg
Guest Sh0rtD0gg
Guests

^

Some people just want to know each players opinion about Scopeless and why they are playing there.

Everybody differs.

Some people cry and beat their keyboard, tons of reasons, list is longggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg.