My new baby! :)

Windex

here is my bike that i recently got and poured my blood sweat and tears into to get running and today was the day.. took her out adjusted the timing a bit and she purrs like a kitten

here's the pics... she needs to be cleaned up a bit and the photo quality sucks but eh oh well

mybaby.jpg

mybaby1.jpg

(edited)

Ill be on the lookout for you here in Cincinnati.. Hope you'll be wearing some leather chapps.. :)

I picture you putting this bike together just like the guy in Grease 2 the movie..

Edited by Batman

no name yet, going to get my tags and what not tomorrow... needs some relays for the turn signals, and there is one short when the highbeam comes on that turns the left signal on, but electronics is my specialty so it won't take but an hour to get everything in roadworthy condition :) haha chaps aren't for me, sry batman.. just plain jeans and t-shirt.. heck people will see me all around ohio/kentucky and indiana.. its been 4 years since i last had a bike.. was going through the mall parkinglot and someone in a jeep cutting across aisles and hit me :'( it sucked cuz insurance didn't give me but 900 for the bike and that had to go toward a car at the time.. and 4 years later my bro in-law decides he wants to get rid of it so i jumped on that deal! and a week later she's running.. it almost brings a tear to my eye lol but anyways i dunno.. i'll take suggestions on the name

I was recently in a dilema. I bought a 250 ninja last year as a first bike. ohhh man, I loved it, I learned how to ride well on it. Well I had to sell it when I graduated for money, but now I have a job.

soo...

My truck was messing up and it came without AC and Im living at the beach. So I had to either trade cars or get a new bike. I decided to get a new car, after owning it for less than a month, Im really wanting to sell it, buy a half way decent car with half the money and buy a pimp bike with the other half.

NOFX - DO IT! And don't look back! Get some good gear (Warm weather gear, and cold weather gear. Possibly some waterproof, rain gear. PM if you want some suggestions.) Other than days that it is completely storming, or 10 degrees and snowing, just take the bike. All depends on how far away form work you live though.

Windex - Beautiful bike! I love my "crotch rocket", but I can sure appreciate a nice looking classic. Someday I will have the money and time to own and maintain one.

On another note though, jeans and t-shirt? :bang: Gear or no gear is obviously a personal decision, but tell me you atleast wear a helmet. Bumps, bruises, and a few scrapes feel a lot better than having road rash scrubbed out at the ER. Having ridden before, you should know better that most cagers pay no attention to what is going on around them.

We should get all the bike owner pictures in a thread.

(edited)
NOFX -  DO IT!  And don't look back!  Get some good gear (Warm weather gear, and cold weather gear.  Possibly some waterproof, rain gear.  PM if you want some suggestions.)  Other than days that it is completely storming, or 10 degrees and snowing, just take the bike.  All depends on how far away form work you live though.

Windex - Beautiful bike!  I love my "crotch rocket", but I can sure appreciate a nice looking classic.  Someday I will have the money and time to own and maintain one.

On another note though, jeans and t-shirt?  :bang:  Gear or no gear is obviously a personal decision, but tell me you atleast wear a helmet.  Bumps, bruises, and a few scrapes feel a lot better than having road rash scrubbed out at the ER.  Having ridden before, you should know better that most cagers pay no attention to what is going on around them.

We should get all the bike owner pictures in a thread.

I really think I am man, I live less than 3 miles from work, but all this stop and go, does a killing on my gas tank, my new ride which is a 2002 Jetta Vr6 only gets about 19MPG in the city. I fill it up at LEAST once a week.

It looks like its time for a pick-up - With AC!!! and a new crotch rocket.

yes always wear a helmet. I personally don't have any gear, but thats how I like it. You will see me cruising on a CBR600, with a dress shirt and tie. hahah

Edited by NOFX

Get you some experience riding in the rain, and forget the truck. :D Or you could do what my father-in-law has done for himself. Buy 3 bikes - 2 warm weather (sport-type BMW's, K75 and a 70's R100), and one cold weather full-faired bike. I wouldn't mind doing it, but I don't have the money. For now, I will stick with my good old ninja.

Check out New Enough for some good deals on gear. If you choose to ride to work, you will want to get atleast a jacket so you don't walk into work with bug splatter all over you :erm:

yeah, so now i'm mad... turns out my brother in-law never got the title fully transfered to an ohio title in his name so the bike isn't even technically his yet, sooo i can't get the bike till he does all that which will take about a week, then get the out of state inspection and THEN transfer it to me before i can even get tags on it... i am NOT a happy camper right now :bang:

yeah, so now i'm mad... turns out my brother in-law never got the title fully transfered to an ohio title in his name so the bike isn't even technically his yet, sooo i can't get the bike till he does all that which will take about a week, then get the out of state inspection and THEN transfer it to me before i can even get tags on it... i am NOT a happy camper right now  :bang:

you dont need an inspection ;)

well I acctually got my inspection, but never bought a city sticker. call me crazy but I also didnt get my license a year after I bought the bike. As long as you dont speed, Cops dont even look at motorcycles.

Riding in the rain sucks... I am soooo scared of leaning in the rain. I creep man, creep.

That is a sweet bike. Growing up that is the exact bike I wanted...I ended up with an 83 Nighthawk and love it...had it since 86 now. Gets 50 MPG going to work & back...too bad I have to carry a laptop cause that sucks...still worth it though.