I hack

I'm sure some of you know, one of the problems that people are having is, transparent boxes. havn't heard yet? Boxes do not appear from far away and fill in as I get closer.

This backs up my statement that CSP does absolutly nothing. I don't care if its a CAL standard or whatever, its total poopy. I CSP authenticate every time i've gone onto a server with my 1337 new STEAM provided hacks.

As cool as it is, its pretty dang annoying. I have to KNOW exactly where boxes are exactly where i stand without seeing them, figure out if im shooting at a box and then adjust my aiming. Its extremly annoying. I have about a dozen screen shots to show you. They're sorta cool.

My school's ISP sucks so i cant upload any more pictures to image shack but i'll post the ones i have now.

the 'best' time for my 1337 h4xs is when is on de_dust2. from tunnels if i walk into B, i can see EVERYTHING, no boxes, only walls. And short A, when i walk into the site, no boxes. Also i can see thru the windows so if your standing in the spot behind the site at A, i can see you thru the windows that arnt drawn.

Please post a fix if u find one, ive tried looking on the steamforums.com and nothing i found works.

First one: Office at CT spawn, isnt that cute? when i back up to the wall i can see thru the big freight cartons all the way to garage. notice how its half drawn in.

csoffice00074ue.jpg

Aztec, notice the guy crouching behind the tripple boxes who is alive, theres a dead body hanging from the box behind him. Note: where are the far tripple boxes near T DD? i cant see them!

deaztec00046dz.jpg

Assault, notice how the garage is drawn in on the left side, thru the red freighter box.

csassault00024ap.jpg

Assault again. Cant see the farthest boxes but the shadows are there, semi-transparent boxes closer, near the beam.

csassault00010js.jpg

thats all i can upload for now. I'll put 2 office ones up in ahwile.

PS dont ban me!

Edited by ich bin ein berliner

I made the change this afternoon and it worked fine... solved everything... got back on tonight and steam must have overwritten it because it was back... went in and changed it back now steam says CS is unavailable... hope i didnt oops something...

Phew... i think things are working again...

Edited by farmerisme

Ha i have that 2 i just went like 10 and 0 on Italy or whatever the bridge was since i could see when they go on the other side of the boxs or shoot threw the boxes... It definatly sucks and i have already been call a hacker but meh i dont hack and im sure everyone in the Gc community can stand up for me since ive been playing for a while now.

I have that too... sucks though. if you forget the boxes are there and you trying to kill a guy and wonder why the heck they didn't keel over yet. Then suddenly a box pops out of no where. Or you walk into them... heck of a time in office! when they knock over the cabinets at the doorways you think it's all clear but DENIED! LOL. Lucky me I'm a Nubb...

And how do you do demos?

Edited by EbilDustBunny

This news is SOO 3 days old!

Read this

Bunny if you want to get rid of this problem this solution works.

yeah did that... didn't help me. It just made the boxes apear when I'm like about maybe 10feet by them which is an big improvement from my 3 feet problem so now I don't get suprised by objects.

*Shrugs* I opened it open changed it saved... and booted tha game again nothing maybe it need a reboot... find out in a moment about to head out into the server.

-----moments later------

Oh yay i did just need a reboot :P

Edited by EbilDustBunny

Sorry to be so ignorant guys but I thought I would ask so I understand better what's going on. This is just a defect in the game right? Not a hax?

Does this mean that people who have this "problem" are able to see me behind a box but not hit me until they come around the box - such as on Aztec? (I'm guessing that is the case from the comments).

Seems like it truly does give the person with the "problem" the ability to see people in hiding places which isn't too good.

If the fix is only voluntary, seems like it will compromise the quality of play until they can fix it permanently.

Your thoughts?

Cranky B)