Conduct of GC members outside of GC servers

BurgerKing

I'm not going to name names at this point, but a member of .GC whom I did respect as a CS player has now lost that respect in DoD. His conduct along with the conduct of another regular of .GC CS servers was most unacceptible. Boosting, especially into the spawn of your enemy in DoD is totally defeating the fun of the game for not only the other team, but probably the rest of your team as well. Who the heck wants to win because the other team can't even spawn? GG using a machine gun to waste people who can't even shoot back.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you immediately jump all over them or did you ask them nicely to stop? I can see your side easily but they probably got defensive when you jumped thier butts. I'm not defending thier actions, just offering an explanation for why they didn't stop when you asked them to.

Sorry you had a rough game with our boys, my suggestion would be to PM them and nicely describe your grievence with them. This may or may not bring any change but then at least you can say that you've done all you can.

I'm not going to name names at this point, but a member of .GC whom I did respect as a CS player has now lost that respect in DoD. His conduct along with the conduct of another regular of .GC CS servers was most unacceptible. Boosting, especially into the spawn of your enemy in DoD is totally defeating the fun of the game for not only the other team, but probably the rest of your team as well. Who the heck wants to win because the other team can't even spawn? GG using a machine gun to waste people who can't even shoot back.

Was this on the gc DOD server?

It was myself and Pagan that he is referring to, and no - it was not a GC server. We were just trying out to see if we could be boosted into different areas and I think he forgot to mention the profanity he threw our way while we were doing it.

Think before you post, please.

Edited by DirtyBird

I wasn't going to turn this into a flame war, but obviously you'd rather be slanderous than talk it out respectfully in PMs.

Once your score passes 30- x you would think that maybe it was time to stop slaying people? You ruined my team's game for well over 30 minutes. I asked you and Pagan to stop at least twice before it got ugly, so don't make it sound like FMJ and myself were to blame for the atmosphere of last night's gaming. Your conduct was no better than using foul language.

You want to see boosting? Make your own server and try it out without destroying other people's fun. Just because it wasn't a .GC server doesn't give you the right to be a johnson, especially after you were asked to stop. (Before it got nasty).

EVEN BETTER, TRY BOOSTING IN THE .GC SERVER AND SEE HOW THE OTHER MEMBERS OF .GC REACT TO IT!

Edited by BurgerKing

First, it's not on our servers. They can go goof off on other servers all they want. You should have found another server. Don't bring junk here. Sure I'd expect good conduct no matter where if they were wearing our tag (pagan wasn't i'm sure), but in the end, you're talking about an isolated incident, right?

Tattling should have stopped when you were younger...and if you're not going to name names, then why post? What was your point, seriously.

Next, don't talk about PMs, you brought it up in public. What the heck did you think was gonna happen? You think we'd just respond with "oh, ok, thanks for posting."

Go have the server admin on the server you were playing on ban the guys instead of coming here.

First, it's not on our servers.  They can go goof off on other servers all they want.  You should have found another server.  Don't bring junk here.  Sure I'd expect good conduct no matter where if they were wearing our tag (pagan wasn't i'm sure), but in the end, you're talking about an isolated incident, right?

Tattling should have stopped when you were younger...and if you're not going to name names, then why post?  What was your point, seriously.

Next, don't talk about PMs, you brought it up in public.  What the heck did you think was gonna happen?  You think we'd just respond with "oh, ok, thanks for posting."

Go have the server admin on the server you were playing on ban the guys instead of coming here.

Now thats hawt! :luxhello:

:unsure: No Fatty, I didn't expect anything. Maybe a reply like Preacher gave. It won't happen again. I just didn't think I'd have to leave a server because two people I've always enjoyed playing CS with wouldn't stop spawn boosting in DoD. Now I know better.

PS, does it look like I'm a regular on your boards? How was I supposed to know the kind of response I'd get? I won't post in your boards anymore, Fatty. Sorry for disrupting your forums.

<3 to Preacher and Mag

By boosting I'm assuming you are talking about someone jumping on someone else to get to a high point not normally acessible. If this is something else ignore the rest of this post.

I played DoD on BFE for about a year. A very effective tactic to win the map was to keep the opposing team from spawning. Most teams defended against this. If someone got into our spawn the first thing that we did was pull back and clean them out. The BFE rounds would be scored by the total number of points scored during a 24 hour run on a map. I.E. we would never take the last flag if we had a lock. We would let points accumulate.

My feeling on spawn camping has always been, if you don't want it to happen to you stop the opposing team from doing it. If there is an exploit being used to accomplish the lock then that is a different issue (i.e. tank sitting in a hanger in pre-patch bf 1942)

If they had to boost to get the lock they were sitting ducks for a bit. Someone should have shot one or both of them.

my .02

-andrew

Edited by -=SKArface=-

are you just mad they did something that stopped you from completing your objective, isnt that the way you should play?

Or I can say, "you sniped the road right infront of the flag the whole map and wouldnt let me get to the flag!"

Next time someone gets in your spawn, work on killing them and not trying to run away.

Anyone else find it a bit amusing that a person who joins a community that represents 'fun in gaming', goes around on other servers ruining people's fun??

Yes, it wasn't on a GC server, but still, why the heck bother trying to ruin people's games? Why not replace the .gc with a myg0t?

Also, if you wear a gc tag, surely you should go around and represent the gamerscoalition on other servers, and not act like the people who gc try to get rid off.

I don't know how many times the headmaster of my old school told everyone that "if you want to cause trouble, go home and take off your school uniform. When you wear this uniform, you represent the school! If a member of the public sees you being disrespectful in public in any shape or form, you give the school a bad name...."

The above example goes with wearing the gc tag.

We were just trying out to see if we could be boosted into different areas...

I don't see how sitting in spawn for so long can be considered as 'seeing if we could be boosted into different areas'

Please, dirty bird:

Think before you post

At the end of the day, you guys ruined Burger's fun to such an extent that he left the server, lost all his respect for you and brought his complaints to the forums.

I dont know why you protected these people fatty, you run this community to keep out 'e-thugs'. Yet when two people acting like e-thugs (no matter if gc members or not) spoil a person's game, you rush to protect them, and then slam the person who had his game ruined.

Edited by *BiGBonES**

At the end of the day, you guys ruined Burger's fun to such an extent that he left the server, lost all his respect for you and brought his complaints to the forums.

I dont know why you protected these people fatty, you run this community to keep out 'e-thugs'. Yet when two people acting like e-thugs (no matter if gc members or not) spoil a person's game, you rush to protect them, and then slam the person who had his game ruined.

I've had my "fun ruined" by getting owned by people who are far better than I am. It gets frustrating. I log off, do something else, and come back to get my butt kicked later.

Is this e-thuggery? or is it just being out played?

Both CS and DoD are objective based games. In DoD the goal is to take all of the flags. As M2 pointed out, taking the opposing spawn is a very effective way of meeting this goal (if you have no resistance the flags can be grabbed in seconds). If the lock was not being used to achieve this goal (like Ts camping on a defuse map) then I think there is an issue.

I have been in more than my share of spawn/die/spawn/die cycles on DoD, 1942, and DC. It is not particularly fun, about as fun as going 0-19 in CS. In both cases I (or my team) were vastly out-played.

All that said, I am more than happy to play by whatever policy is set for the GC DoD server.

- andrew

Big Bones,

Fatty is not there babbysitter. What they do in other servers is there business. Let alone pagan, he is not GC he doesnt even involve himself in the community anymore. Dirty boosted him over a box and pagan blasted all of the people at spawn. Why should we yell at a member for pressing the shift button and ducking to let someone jump on them. Let the issue die, if I was there I would of done the same thing, its a tactic to help your team win. Sure it ruined burgers fun but it also ruins peoples fun when someone is good with an awp and goes 30-2

I'm just confused what the rest of the team were doing, if all the oposing side were stuck in their spawn and couldn't get out, wouldn't the round be over quite quickly with people running about capturing flags with no resistance.

Maybe I'm not seeing the point here, but I can't believe people were stuck in their spawn for so long it was really that much of an issue.

In all, I think the whole thing's a bit of a non issue, I agree that if you're wearing GC tags then you shouldn't be an donkey when out and about in other servers, but it doesn't appear like they were to me.

Just sounds like someone whining they kept getting shot by the nasty man and his big gun.

Lev

getting "boosted" through a celing is an exploit and considered as distasteful as hacking. They not only did it, they did it without appology. I have banned many people back in the days of 1.6 and earlier for boosting people through the ceiling of the apt. on cs_italy and I see no reason why we would condone it here on the gc.

I think it would be in the two guys best interest to appologise and walk away. Learn that just because you aren't on a gc server that your honor isn't being watched. I wouldn't think worse of someone for doing it once "to see" but then I would ask them to stop exploiting the map.

I agree with Congregation here (wierd preacher and congregation in one accord ;) )

Edited by Preacher

getting "boosted" through a celing is an exploit and considered as distasteful as hacking.

Get your facts right or play the game, they were on anzio or wherever the allies start on the beach, on the left side where the allies go over a box to get to a flag, they boosted over that box to get into spawn, it is not an exploit!

If you where there and someone said, boost me here and we can go kill everyone and win, would you say yes or say no thats mean.

Ya what i thought you would try and win.

I would continue to post, but whats the point? I'm not going to win, although my arguement is clear-

If you couldn't even spawn repetively for 30 minutes (as burger said, though I assume it was probably 5-10 minutes) the game is not fun.

And I believe that was a bad comparison m2. One person dominating the game using an awp is completely different to not being able to spawn. If someone owns with an awp, people still have a chance to fight back.

Heres a better comparison in terms of cs-

A stupid myg0t wannabe kid wasting the whole team almost instantly by the means of autoaim, autofire and a speed hack.

To be honest, I'm not bothered if every single gc member stands against me, after all, thats what a community is for right? Supporting each other and helping each other out, no matter if they are right or wrong - it happens a lot round here. But I'm standing firm on my views. The behaviour of people like dirtybird and pagan in the event above ruins gaming, and tbh I stopped playing counter-strike around 1.4 time because I kept running into immaturity like that. I dont like it. Neither do a lot of people.

Why should people have to leave servers because someone is ruining their game?

As I said before, everyone will rush to defend dirtybird and pagan, although they were clearly in the wrong.

Edited by *BiGBonES**

burgerking, i know what you are talking about. and i assume you were referring to the [DOH] server cause thats where i have seen you the most.

i have also done this with pagan before. its a great strat man. its also totally legal. the purpose of the strat is to hold down there spawn while the rest of the team captures the flags.

it may seem cheap but its really affective and there are several ways around it. one for example... is to lay down in the water and snipe him. he cant see you in the water. if you cant snipe, lay down and pop a smoke off and find an avenue of retreat.

its basically setting up a "fatal funnel".

as far as any other behavior... i dont think i have ever been in there with pagan and dirty and heard them swear or do any un-sportsman like thing. srry about the ill feelings that may have arose from this.

i enjoy playin in there with ya and bein on your team. you are a great team player and deffinately have some good strats. however, i am almost 100% positive its totally legal, in fact... im sure i have seen some of the [DOH] players use that strat also.

pagan is a great guy, lots of fun to play with and talk to. he is also a great team player and at a moments notice would drop anything to help you out if you needed anything. he has done so countless times for me when i needed help. dirty is also like that in many ways.

no preacher and bigbones werent there when this happened, at least not the 20 to 30 times we have used it.

*i edited on who all was there.*