Scoped weapons?

I don't know if this topic has come up before or not. I was wondering

if we could start incorporating the Bullpup & the Krieg rifles. Are these weapons

truly scoped? I know there is a way you can disable the scopes on these weapons

if need be. I have played on scopeless servers before, quite awhile ago actually,

so I know it can be done. But I would still argue the fact that these are not

traditional scoped weapons, and therefore could have possibly been included

on the scopeless server without too much hassles. I am just getting a little

bored of the "go to" rifles, the AK47 & the M4. Does anyone else agree?

Edited by wayfarer

I do agree with this, although I'm not sure how many players would actually use them. IIRC the sg552 and the aug are both open sights, designed to be used with the other eye open. As such, they are basically not scoped weapons in the same sense as sniper rifles. Personally, I don't find myself using these guns when I play on #1, to me they seem less accurate than ak-47 and m4, but maybe I'm just biased from playing scopeless for so long. Anyway, the natural counter-argument is that once the sg552 and aug are allowed, people are going to start complaining harder about there being no scout. This is probably true.

Scopeless is Scopeless. Like Mookie said, if you add the SG and the AUG it gets even easier to add the Scout. After you add the Scout, you then basically have a no AWP/Auto server.

Best way to not have the AK and M4 the "goto weapons" is to not goto them. YOU make them "goto weapons". Theres lots of other weapons you could use instead. You just have use them and practice with them. Lately i've been using the P228 and have killed tons of people using AKs and M4s. You can use the Gaglil, Famas, Shotgun, Desert Eagle, MP5. All of them are great weapons if you just spend time with them. Hell, EVERY weapon in the game can be a great weapon if you know how to use them. I've seen people do amazing with even the UMP.

I don't know if this topic has come up before or not. I was wondering

if we could start incorporating the Bullpup & the Krieg rifles. Are these weapons

truly scoped? I know there is a way you can disable the scopes on these weapons

if need be.

I brought this topic up awhile ago, and they said no, but in the end, i think the server is *much* better without these guns, people who are good with them can be mean with them, scopeless should remain truely 'scopeless' more divergence from the original = better.

I am just getting a little

bored of the "go to" rifles, the AK47 & the M4. Does anyone else agree?

Now this - I completely disagree with. The AK47 and M4 are popular, but if anything scopeless has made MORE alternatives available, clever players will show the weaknesses of the weapons. ill list a few

P90 - Bread and butter man, this thing destroys the AK47 and M4 in close quarters combat.

Clarion - More accurate then the M4, and absolutely no recoil - this is probably the most accurate rifle in the game, rivaled by the AK. Probably one of the best alternatives to the M4

TMP - Kinda like a p90-lite.. useful for practicing ninjitsu.

Pump-Shottie - This gun is shockingly amazing after the patch update, i kill so many AK/M4 people with it its rediculous. Suprising your opponent is key.

Galil - I've heard lots of people have trouble with this gun, ill list some quick tips.. its increadibly accurate (more-so then the M4) and is about as powerful, the major problem is recoil, so try firing in short bursts then lining yourself up again, use it almost like a sniper rifle.

There, 5 guns that really add some spice to your game. After you've learned how to use these, the M4 and AK47 become Boring and most assuredly not 'standard' .. Infact it seems to me the only reason they *did* become standard was because of scopes in the first place (they are both good at long-distance firefights)

I can back up what you say about the galil, as far as I've seen from it the first shot is solid gold, and at close range the magazine size and rate of fire makes it a lot better than the ak-47. The famas is a tough one though, there's definetly some recoil, I can only get much accuracy out of it with short bursts like any other rifle.

Famas - Dont use normal mode :) Burst fire only. Unless your running through apartments in Italy, then go full auto, you will like the results :) I rarely ever buy the m4, in fact I hate the gun. TMP, Famas, Pump Shottie are my guns for CT. I never got into the p90 but I probably should.

As Kwix said, the TMP is for practicing Ninjitsu.....thats not what I call it be the term is very close :) rules of the TMP. Dont stop running. Circle Strafe. Make sure your target is dead, you typically need to hit them with 1/2 a clip to kill someone. Have a good sidearm, Dualies if your really good and can convince that special T to buy them for you. Note to Ts, convince the CTs to buy some TMPs, snipe them at range and steal their guns. However, dont expect to get any ammo with the gun(if it was mine).

I can back up what you say about the galil, as far as I've seen from it the first shot is solid gold, and at close range the magazine size and rate of fire makes it a lot better than the ak-47. The famas is a tough one though, there's definetly some recoil, I can only get much accuracy out of it with short bursts like any other rifle.

I still seem to find that the galil doesn't register as well as the other guns. The very first shot for me with it sometimes is accurate, but i would take an m4 or ak over it for the first shot any day. the famas should be changed to famous, because it rules and rules hard.

:ylusy: