1 Year Parts, Lifetime Labor Warranty

that with upgraded 512 DDR ram and a upgraded 128mb geforce4 vid card

total comes to $814.00 with tax

So anybody recomend me getting this? im kinda stuck

Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guests

Integrated sound on that mobo is pretty good for onboard sound. I would stick with that...... well..... wow.....

my idea of a good system will cost a bit more. athlon xp 2600 with 333 fsb, radeon 9500 pro, Asus nforce-2 mobo, crucial PC2700 CAS 2.0 RAM. May be a bit more. AT work and no time to pull prices but will be much better worth the investment in the long run. you want ram that is in sync with with the 333 fsb of the cpu. PC2700 RAM is the same speed.

Sorry all, that was my baggage about NOFX, and my buddy Rev just helpen=d me check it in, so I removed everything referring to it.

kk thx....was in middle of modifying my post and wouldnt let me....guess that cause it be gone now....

What i was saying is that you could prob get a 128meg video card and a faster processor and not raise that price any. You also should shoot for at least 512 in memory.

Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guests
Homer,Jan 23 2003, 01:15 PM]What ZD and All_Killr said will get you a system that will last 2 years vs. 1 year.

And sure you mostly use it for CS, but it would be nice for other stuff too. B)

that is the point. CS is good but you may want to play Doom3 or some other game with game engines like that.

Guest [DW]Archaic
Guest [DW]Archaic
Guest [DW]Archaic
Guests

I think i am having a friend of mine build me one for 666 bucks... when i feel up to it i will post all the details and specs... if anybody cares, thanks for input people!

Challenge yourself, buy the parts and put it together yourself, you will learn a lot from the experience and you can say "oh yeah i built my computer, Dell just wasnt good enough for me." Trust me its not that hard. For the most part you really cant screw too much up unless you force something and if it doesnt fit, it means it doesnt go there. Make sure you always ground yourself too!

haha buy vs. build. It is really simple if you know everything, but for someone who hasnt built before, may not be. I mean if it doesnt fit, dont force it rule, works good, which means you cant screw up. But when your motherboard has jumpers on it, instead of auto detect, you can fry your poop. Like running your ram on 333 instead of 266 or setting your cpu core voltage to high, or using wrong bus speed. It used to take all day but now its pretty easy