Motivation Tips?

Unclean

I know just about everyone has their own methods of motivation, but what works for you?

Here's what I'm gonna try:

1. Setting a goal (working out 3 times a week and buying a low response time LCD (2-4ms))

2. With each workout, I put $20 towards the LCD

3. Every time I miss a workout, I take $50 from the LCD fund.

4. In the meantime, I'll continue to get headaches from my 24ms LCD.

This way, I'll have enough saved up in 2 months if I'm diligent. Otherwise, it's gonna take a LOT longer. And I'm sick of the headaches. :P

My motivation is my family and my health. My family has a history of heart disease. My blood pressure has been high since I can remember. The doctor finally put me on a small amount of blood pressure medicine a couple of years ago and it was hit or miss on how well the medicine worked....I usually run 130s / 90s. Went to the doctor about three weeks ago and my bp was 120/80!!! Exercise and keeping trim is a good healthy way to mediate your BP.

To tie into that, I have a 13mo old daughter and a wonderful wife that I'd like to spend a LONG time with. The better my health is the less chance I will get taken down by the heart disease.

Another factor is Fatty, this little competition we have going on as well as tracking the progress helps to keep you going as well. As long as you keep in mind that you are there to help each other while pushing and don't get too competitive to where you really want the other guy to fail, it is a great way to hold yourself accountable. I know there have been days/weeks where one of us has had a lack of motivation and we'll be chatting on aim and the other says, "I'm down 3 lbs this week" or something and the other guy has to get on his horse to catch up!!!!

Oh yeah, its also awesome to look in the mirror and see abs rather than my johnsoniedo.

****LOL, pwned by the filter.

One small motivation for me is change.

And I dont mean coins!

I havent changed the way I look or how much I weigh in about 5 years.

In those 5 years of my life (15-20) I really should be changing without much effort! Sadly, I havent changed much... just a lil bit of weight and strentgh natrually, but I still look young and am extremely small for my age.

I want to see if I am destine to be this way the rest of my life or am I able to make a difference and change (for the better) the way I look and feel about myself. I am happy the way I am, but a lil darn weight and strength cant hurt anything! ><

Also, Unclean and I, starting next week, will be doing our own lil competition!

I hope that him and I by doing this, can help each other and maybe even gain support from the Community on doing this!

My motivations?

1. The steam room after...

2. Friday... healthy smoothie after every friday gym session. and friends get into my gym for free that day.

3. Being able to wear "S" sizes again... :P

4. Setting goals.

5. Myself

Hopefully next semester my schedule is going to work awsome with my job and gym.

Music

Teamwork - if I'm rowing in a boat then I can't really stop no matter how tired I am.

Summer holidays - its not close but you want to look good when you have your top off :P

I'm going to copy your idea about putting money towards something after each workout. Thats a nice trick :spin2:

Ok, it goes a little something like this:

1. Get a job with sweet benefits, like profit sharing

2. Wait until yesterday (12/1)

3. Receive profit sharing check

4. Do a little shimmy

But people can do that with any amount of money they think is reasonable. Keep in mind we all have different levels of income, but that doesn't mean we all can't put SOMETHING away to save up for a wanted item.