PTBx on #3

stutters

GC Alumni

thinking about what laz and mags were saying...

before joining gc, i didn't play cs for about 3 years. even before that, i wasn't very good. i'm still not very good (although i'm stoked about being ~1.0kd). and i've never played competitive. but personally, i've found myself more encouraged with ptb to try and lead teams. like laz and i were talking about last night, it's not so much about having "true mathematically balanced teams," but being on a team that's just not getting creamed 7-0. but when the skill level is moderately close, there's better morale, and i've found it easier to get a team going in the same direction. but then, yeah, you get swapped to the other team. are you a defector, or traitor, or just up against a new challenge? i only mention the competitive thing because when i played in an oss or warfare, i did hear that voice saying "you're a ct for the next 15 rounds. shoot them terrorists" and i could see where getting swapped 4-5 times would get disruptive. besides, i've never had one of these "grooves" you speak of. is it like a rut? i know what that's like, but not the groove thing. :blink:

i think the testing part is complete. i wanted to see what kind of resource hit the plugin would put on the server, and it's not noticable. the 3 or so days where it was off after the update, the server ran the same as when ptbx is on. there's still some tweaking to do (exhibit a: laz's screenshots), and then i'd like to do a gc only poll.

if this isn't the flavor of choice, there is an alternative event handler that could switch maps @ 7-0, with or without an admin around...

keep the screenshots (and good convo) coming!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I Like the team balance mod. all this talk of breaking a team apart is just BS. What it gives is a chance to play as more than one side of the same map and organize both teams to a cause. I've been switched 4-5 times while playing in the zone and went right into the other side's team goals. (It's great to hear "it's ok we have Panic back now" too)

What i don't like about it is it's not based on stat history. you start off slow with a 0-4 which is not a big deal, save for a AWP lose it from a freak headshot then have to build up cash again, then go 20-4 well if our switched at 0-4 to the wining team then it will be unbalanced.

One thing i really like about it is there was no 4T's 15 CT's on aztect

i like PTBx :) sometimes it seems like it transfers really random people to the losing team tho. like if a team is losing 7-0 it wont transfer the top player of the other team but some random mid-ranked player

side note

playing with bots is sorta fun since they actually complete the objectives EVERY ROUND. playing with bots isnt fun once they get their aimbot hands on an awp -_-

• 2 weeks later...

Two big problems. PTBx only switches players who have died, so if one team is stacked bad enough that the other team can't kill their top player, it's stacked the whole map. Also, the auto-assign is forcing players on to teams that have better players without knowing it, and stacks the map as well.

nah, at the start of map no one gets auto assigned unless they pick 5, that's how you end up with 10-6 or 11-6.  And in middle of a map, the player hasn't performed yet, so they can't be assigned.

No, I just tried it, PTBx says it auto assigns you regardless of which you choose. 2 days ago on prodigy, me, crydolly, sage, and jesus were all assigned to cts and ended the map 10-0 and we were still on cts. It kept switching the bottom players, i.e 0-5, and wouldn't let me go ts.

GC Alumni

within the first 3 rounds, it does not force an autojoin unless team size difference is greater than 3. in other words, if 3 people join t on cs_office, the 4th person is forced to join ct regardless.

i recently adjusted the numbers on ptb and think it is working better. if the teams manage to get unbalanced, you can still switch teams. you just need to get into spec mode first, have someone else go spec, and then swap teams.

Well is there a way to make it assign teams based on performance last map or something? I don't mind being put on the weaker team, it just really annoys me when PTB puts all the better performing players on the easy team. I don't know if the players are selecting to join the easy team or not, but sometimes the teams just seem...bad. The teams just seemed more balanced in the good ol' days

i used to laz when i was newer i would pick the easy side but remember just the other night it was you and me as t's on aztec wrecking it.

i tend to always be ct on italy these days. i feel that i learn to be better on the harder sides and if i can own like i do on the hard sides then being on the easy side is cake.

rofl....!!!!!!

I love this stuff.

I mean the thread hijacks, not ptb. Which is what the thread is about. But it sucks. So it got hijacked. But thats good. Cuz it sucks. Unless the thread is about it going away. Then the hijack is bad. Cuz the going away is good. Wouldnt wanna miss that. Cuz o the hijack.

K?

k.

rofl....!!!!!!

I love this stuff.

I mean the thread hijacks, not ptb. Which is what the thread is about. But it sucks. So it got hijacked. But thats good. Cuz it sucks. Unless the thread is about it going away. Then the hijack is bad. Cuz the going away is good. Wouldnt wanna miss that. Cuz o the hijack.

K?

k.

Word, son, WORD.

at first i didn't like being switched all the time(6 times in one game!),but i decided that no matter what team i am on,i would play to the best of my ability that i can for what ever team i was on.i do understand about the people that stack,specially those on team favored maps,ie cts on aztec,so they can up thier ratings.at this moment,my ranking is 45 of over 3100 people.i think that that is not to bad for a n00b. :biglaugha: