MP3 player

Magruter

Any of you own or know of a good exercise mp3 player? The wife wants to get one to for her work outs. Looking for something relativily cheap, and it doesn't need to hold 10,000 songs. I think something around 1,000 would be nice.

Thanks

To get a decent idea of size, 1MB MP3 is like 10MB CDDA. So a 256MB player is worth about 2.5GB of CDDA, probably the equivalent of having a 3-disc CD changer. For some people having 3 full CDs worth of music to pick from is enough, for me it'd probably be a little too small. Others (such as my roommate) are crazy and fill up a 40GB iPod.

I really recommend this Mp3 player. Its the Samsung YP-MT6. Here is a link to a decent picture LINK.

It is very small, has options of 512meg or 1 gig storage capacity (256 is too small). It has a place for a wrist strap. I am still using the same battery that I was using in the begining of the summer. Battery lasts for 40+ hours. Great quality, and should be around $100.00 by now.

Also, you are never going to find 2+ gigs for under $200.00.

Edited by Metallurgic

For the adventurous out there - get a used Rio Karma.

20 gig. 16 hour battery.

Dock has a ethernet port and is IP assignable (20 gig music server on your network when the puppy is docked)

Yes, Rio is no more, yes, some folks have had a few that were not perfect. No complaints here though.

But on eBay... 80 bucks if you are a careful buyer (100+ if you are not, refurb on Amazon is 150)

Just a thought.

-Fk