unfairly banned by [Bankai]Xoul .gc

Guest tupuli

Guest tupuli
Guest tupuli
Guest tupuli
Guests

I was playing on the #1 FF Midwest server at 2AM EST today and was banned by [bankai]Xoul .gc. All I did was tell him to "plant next time", for this he slayed me. In the following round I inquired as to why he slayed me, then he banned me. Below is the dialog. If feel this response constitutes abuse of administrative priviledges, and is certainly in violation of the claimed GC rules.

*DEAD*(Terrorist) Tupuli :  plant next time

(ADMIN) slayed player Tupuli

Tupuli suicided.

<snip>

*DEAD* Tupuli :  xoul, why did you slay me for telling to plant the bomb next time?

<snip>

*DEAD* [bankai]Xoul .gc :  well for one, thats what i was going for, for two, i found it disrespectful.

*DEAD* Tupuli :  so you slay me?

*DEAD* [bankai]Xoul .gc :  yep

*DEAD* Tupuli :  that's immature

*DEAD* [bankai]Xoul .gc :  oh, you earned a ban

Disconnect: Kicked and banned.

Disconnect: Kicked and banned.

I very much enjoy playing on GC servers and usually find the company pleasant. Please unban my account with the following information:

Tupuli - STEAM_0:1:3298348

Thank you.

Edited by tupuli

you get to tell your side of the story, he get's to tell his, then the town elders meet, bang a gavel, and you'll find something out....later. you're gonna get told to read this, so you probably should. while you're waiting for them to respond, see if there are any blanks to fill in (by reading the link)....like maybe the few lines missing in your 2nd <snip>.

you're most likely only banned on server #1, but not #2 (midwest scopeless) or #3 (west stock). if you have an itch to fill, head there...but don't get banned :)

http://www.gamrs.co/htmlgc/serverlocations.shtml

Guest tupuli
Guest tupuli
Guest tupuli
Guests

Thanks for the quick reply john. I've read through the list and think I've dotted all my i's and crossed all my t's. If I've missed anything, please let me know.

The lines from the both the 1st and 2nd snip were simply the "So and So killed So and So". I don't have the full output any longer, so you'll have to consult the server logs to confirm that the snipped regions do not contain any relevant information. I swear that what you see above is the entirety of my conversation with xoul.

Frankly xoul's response is kinda bewildering to me. I don't believe I've played with him before, so I don't think there's any bad blood between us or anything. Who knows, maybe he was having a bad day?

Edited by tupuli

Someone closed the topic but I will say that, if this post is anywhere near accurate, we owe you an apology. Need to speak with Xoul first.

This topic should be considered closed to anyone/everyone not involved, but it's definitely not finished.

Should have only been a 30 minute ban. I was moving toward bombsite A, and got killed on my way there after I picked up the dropped bomb. Then he said "Plant next time." To be honest, I wasn't in the mood to be called immature. I really didn't want any confrontation while I was playing so I went ahead and banned him, because I figured he'd go on to argu with me if I address what he said. There were also a few other things that were happening to. I was trying to keep the swearing down because a few people didn't know the rules, and I had to explain. Also, there were some complants about sprays, and the last thing I want to hear is someone tell me how to play while im admining. But, it should have only been a 30 minute ban. ma_ban 30 Tulupli. I didn't check back here for the ban because it should have only been a 30 minute ban. And im sure the MOTD says to respect admins. :wavey: I hope theres no hard feelings. :wiggle2: It does get irritating sometimes when you had a hard day and you just want to play and relax. If you'd like to talk to me about this over an instant message thats fine too. My AIM is DudeSoul. I'll explain further. :D

I probably was a little quick to ban, and im sorry. The only things I can recommend for next time though is, be a little more respectful to other players, and if an admin takes an action toward you, you should probably say sorry instead of arguing. :)

Edited by Xoul

Good post, thanks Xoul.

Suggestion:

Replace "Plant next time" (command)

with

"Hey, why no plant?" (inquiry)

Go out of your way to be friendly. I've banned for much less than this, many times due to a mood. Heck, anyone that's been around a while knows I have several bans in my book for people typing "..." as a response to me. I still zap on that one.

Anyways, looks good on both ends to me. Tupuli, maybe you can have the closing prayer.

Guest tupuli
Guest tupuli
Guest tupuli
Guests

Thanks to all the GC members who helped clear this up. Sorry for the misunderstanding Xoul, I can see how my comments could have come off the wrong way. I've been an admin before and I realize it can be frustrating at times.

Anyway, I'm very impressed with the GC community. It's uncommon to find a group that listens to it's non-paying participants.

You sound like the type of person we want around, tupuli. Feel free to poke around in the forums a bit more -- we've got lots of areas of interest out there. If you find one you like, start posting up!

And mods -- can we consider this a "case closed" and close this thread?