Problem

Fatty

I have a problem when I see 9 GC in one server, and I have another server with 4 players and another with 0.

Now, granted, nobody joined GC to perform work. However, the greater good requires some effort by everyone. Sure, many of you probably joined GC just so you didn't have to wait and could avoid redirection. That is understood. But I also believe that many of you see something more than that in what we're doing.

We can't do that with 2/4 empty servers at a time like this (11 PM est on Friday).

Servers freeze here and there, get knocked down because of maps, etc. Things happen. I need a higher level of general awareness by GC.

Fatty: I've read and I understand.

Lunk: Asking peeps from #2 to move over is going to be more difficult than

asking out of the other two stock servers.

At this point in #2's life it would be like asking someone from CSS or UT2k4 to jump over to help fill a DoD:S server...just not going to happen to your expectations. Scopeless is almost an entirely different game.

#4 will take, it will take time but it will take eventually.

Brillow, I think you're just blowin' sunshine up my skirt. It's still CS:S and you don't use scoped weapons. Doesn't mean you can't broaden your horizons and help a fellow out. Remember they're all GC servers a little help goes a long way.

scopeless is a different game, but like you guys have said, it's still CS:S. I'm a little surprised that only 2 moved, I would've hoped a few more would move.

It is Chistmas weekend so I would imagine our player levels would go down for the weekend, not quite this much though. I myself am up in MN and don't have a computer that's capable of playing CS:S.

Regardless, Certainly everyone can take 1/2 hr now and then to help kickstart a slow game on another server they don't play on.

I've played on every CS:S server we have, and periodically drop in on the others. It shouldn't take much to get a game going. Like Fatty said, we all do a little and it can make a difference.

Grab 3 or 4 other GC in game with you and ask them to follow you over to the empty server to kickstart a game. You might even get a few non-GC to follow you.

I like #4. I really do. I get in there to play. I used to play only on scopeless, that changed about a week or so ago. Now I'm in every server. I try to spend the most time in #3 and #4. I don't like to be in a server when the gc populationg is greater than 4 or 5, unless it's for something special.

I have gotten a few other gc to go with me when I head into #4, and that's good. But, last night when I was playing with norg.. I was so happy to see that regs were joining. But, they weren't joining. They'd get redirected there, but they'd quickly switch back into whatever server they were booted out of.

I think that maybe they are too afraid to leave something like #1, because that's where all the people play.

My feeling is that if we get the regs to understand that #4 isn't going to hurt them, then the more gc and everyone will play in that server.

I like #4.  I really do.

Will I change that fact if I tell you I'm going to be in there all the time? I had a way better connection to the old Dallas server than I do to the Chicago servers, so I was in there most of the time, with no-awp helping it out. So once I get CS running again I'm going to be in there. And that should be in like 30 minutes.

Edited by Kruten

Fatty:  I've read and I understand.

Lunk:  Asking peeps from #2 to move over is going to be more difficult than

asking out of the other two stock servers. 

At this point in #2's life it would be like asking someone from CSS or UT2k4 to jump over to help fill a DoD:S server...just not going to happen to your expectations.  Scopeless is almost an entirely different game.

#4 will take, it will take time but it will take eventually.

Yeah what he said.

I admit it, i am guilty of only playing on server 2. I just never really liked

awp's that much to really want to play on a stock server. But since this is a problem i will begin to be more aware of the number of people on the servers and join 4 or 3 and join. I could use the practice too. So you can count on me being on those servers more.

Well today we got server 4 up to capacity (me, lcd, decoy, and ICE berg were ont he server) today but it gradually fell to low numbers. Buy 11:15 it was only me and mookie. The biggest positive note was when tehre were only two players in the server they were both GC. so thats good.

Well today we got server 4 up to capacity (me, lcd, decoy, and ICE berg were ont he server) today but it gradually fell to low numbers. Buy 11:15 it was only me and mookie. The biggest positive note was when tehre were only two players in the server they were both GC. so thats good.

Just wait. After six reinstalls I tihnk I may finally have CSS working like it should and in the right place.

#2 just has an unnatural ability to stay full. It's 4am now, and it's packed (#3 also, but it's only 1am for them). I'm almost tempted to join now, but it is 4am. I'm a bit inclined to think that making #4 no AWP/auto might ameliorate the problem, especially since #1 seems to have taken a bit of a traffic hit lately. It'd also be a bit easier to get no-scopers in there, and many of us enjoy the occasional aug/sg552 action as well. I for one don't mind playing on a scoped server generally, but once they fill up with a few good AWPers I'll almost always drift off unless the AWPers are spread on both sides.