GE:S is on 6

This may seem silly or even a waste of a server, but would it be possible to cut the number of player slots down some? 16 players is just way too crowded for the maps. With a full server, I find myself spawning right by someone almost all the time, and often start getting shot in the back by someone who spawns right near me; usually I'm half dead before I realize where I am. The result seems to me to be that anyone who can snag a real weapon is in line to grab a handful of kills, and the only way to survive for any length of time is to camp (which is no fun in a deathmatch game).

most of the ge:s forums are saying the same thing. i've only played the n64 version with 4 players, which was perfect. 10 players would probably be a good medium.

can you run more than one dedicatd server (different ports?) on one windows machine? think #6 could handle it?

can you run more than one dedicatd server (different ports?) on one windows machine? think #6 could handle it?

That's what I was thinking as well. I haven't been in game yet, how is the current server running? Ping, choke, loss? If its doing good now, maybe we could push it to 2-10 man servers? X would be able to answer that better probably.