GE:S is on 6

It's on there and running. 16 man server, as that's the map limits atm.

It's gonna be ugly even getting in atm, as it filled in less than 30 secs upon start up.

RCON is same for you admins. There is no admin mod on there.

I know nothing of how stable/fun/whatever this mod is. It's 1:30 a.m. here, the server is running and I'm going to bed. :)

GC Alumni

Well, I hate Steam. My computer froze while downloading HL2 so now I'm downloading it again after installing Steam 3 times. On the upside, #6 continues to be packed, even while the rest of the servers are in a Christmas slump.

EDIT: A note from a little while ago, ge_caves seems to have cleared out the server before. Maybe it was the time of day though, I didn't look at any other servers to compare. Funny that even when ported to a completely new architecture, still nobody wants to play Caves.

Edited by mookie

Thanks for pointing that out for him John.

I've got a message in to the developer of the script to see if he can iron out the few kinks that are keeping it from working. I get some info back, its just not correct and has holes in it. I'm working on it. As with any new mod/game, it takes time for the scripting community to catch up. Patience Young Grasshoppa.

But to answer your question. If GE:S takes off and lasts awhile around here, there will definately be a status box on the front page when a script is available.

im a bigger noob

which one do we umm dl?

and wut do we do with it after we dl?

First, go here.

Then, you need to install this mod to the "sourcemods" directory in your steam appsfolder.

The default directory C:\valve\steam\steamapps\sourcemods\goldeneye\

If this is not your steam directory change it when the installer prompts you to.

This may seem silly or even a waste of a server, but would it be possible to cut the number of player slots down some? 16 players is just way too crowded for the maps. With a full server, I find myself spawning right by someone almost all the time, and often start getting shot in the back by someone who spawns right near me; usually I'm half dead before I realize where I am. The result seems to me to be that anyone who can snag a real weapon is in line to grab a handful of kills, and the only way to survive for any length of time is to camp (which is no fun in a deathmatch game).