Best 360 Game...

eb0

So far I have played Need for Speed, NBA Live '06, Madden 06, Perfect Dark Zero, Call of Duty 2 and Condemned.

My favorite so far is Need for Speed with Call of Duty 2 coming in a close second.

Plans for tomorrow are to get Kameo, if anyone has played this drop in your two cents.

-eb0

Now VooDoo be nice, just cause you can play those games on a PC with no online fee doesnt mean you can poke jabs at people.. :)

Maybe his pc isnt good enough to play those games anyhow..

Edited by Batman

eb0

Kameo is awesome.

I enjoy everything more on console except FPS RPG's and Strategy games.

I have friends over play madden perfect dark and such.

My computer is fast enough, but none of my friends are really computer gamers so its nice to have a balance.

eb0

Guys, I've never had an overheating problem, that mainly comes from ppl who put it between their reciever, dvd player, vcr etc.

Anyways you shouldn't be knocking the 360 if all you have done is read reviews about it and never played it.

Just cuz both of my favorite games are for PC doesnt mean I would enjoy them more from playing them on PC, some games are meant to be played on a console over a keyboard and mouse (or steering wheel/ joystick)

360 might not be worth the money yet, but once games come out that can use it to its full potential I think that will be awesome

I have an HDTV also and that is much more pretty than looking at a CRT or LCD IMO

That leaves, platformers, sports, racing. Platformers can be very well done, sports and racing games are mostly rehashes with better graphics, more options, better opponnent AI. I'm sure X360 has great potential, I wont knock it intentionally.

Edited by Brillow_Head

I played NFS for 360 last week and I was not very impressed with it. The graphics were nice, but they were not much different than anything on a PC game.

I also checked out Call of Duty for 360 and wow... That game sure looks pretty.

So far I have played Need for Speed, NBA Live '06, Madden 06, Perfect Dark Zero, Call of Duty 2 and Condemned.

My favorite so far is Need for Speed with Call of Duty 2 coming in a close second.

Plans for tomorrow are to get Kameo, if anyone has played this drop in your two cents.

-eb0

How does Madden 06 rank on your scale? I have it for regular xbox and i think its kinda cool. But of course it has no competiton really. I like the whole idea of playing ur player through NCAA 06 then importing him on Madden 06. I don't really like the whole taking an IQ test and making movies and crap that are in the superstar mode. I wish they would of made it so you can import yourself and the rest of the senoirs from NCAA 06 so you could play against players that you played against in college instead of playing against some made up guy. One other thing i thought would be cool is if you could take numerous guys through college and play them in the same madden year. Like llets say you have a guy that you took through college and is now a superstar. Now you want to take another guy through college and import him on maddon 06 to play against the guy you already have. I have not tried this yet, but i am pretty sure it won't work. I think it would be cool tho.

That leaves, platformers, sports, racing. Platformers can be very well done, sports and racing games are mostly rehashes with better graphics, more options, better opponnent AI. I'm sure X360 has great potential, I wont knock it intentionally.

You forgot fighting games... ie Sould Calibur, DOA etc.

eb0
(edited)

-eb0

How does Madden 06 rank on your scale? I have it for regular xbox and i think its kinda cool. But of course it has no competiton really. I like the whole idea of playing ur player through NCAA 06 then importing him on Madden 06. I don't really like the whole taking an IQ test and making movies and crap that are in the superstar mode. I wish they would of made it so you can import yourself and the rest of the senoirs from NCAA 06 so you could play against players that you played against in college instead of playing against some made up guy. One other thing i thought would be cool is if you could take numerous guys through college and play them in the same madden year. Like llets say you have a guy that you took through college and is now a superstar. Now you want to take another guy through college and import him on maddon 06 to play against the guy you already have. I have not tried this yet, but i am pretty sure it won't work. I think it would be cool tho.

The difficulty can be turned up.

IMO the Xbox version of Madden '06 is better than the 360 version.

It seems as tho they rushed it into production and didn't add all the extras that make madden so great. Also, I'm not sure but at the moment I have been unable to challenge plays. That makes me very unhappy. Xbox live has great competition though. Unlike the Xbox version, the 360's xbox live madden '06 is glitch free and very very competitive. About your NCAA question, yes you can do that but it take tons of time. The graphics on 360 madden are very impressive, considering they didnt add a sweat specific engine into this game, overall the graphics are much better, gameplay is better (not including the inability to challenge plays) and hits are more realistic. The only thing I don't like very much is when you choose your play, I find my friends are becoming cheaters just watchin which play I choose, thats why online play is much better.

But overall I would give the Xbox 360 version a:

10 on Graphics due to the fact tackles look real, interceptions look real, and there wont be any glitches where the football is still sitting of the field from the last play which happens in the xbox version.

9.5 on sound, hits are timed correctly and overall the stands sound like an actual football stadium if you have a good enough surround system

9 on gameplay, its amazing other than the lack of challenge plays

10 on tilt, just because I have yet to have anyone come over and say no to playing madden 06 with me. even my girlfriend has picked up the wireless controller and started playing with me

So thats roughly a 9.6 overall.

Different note:

NFS MW, the game wasn't created to be different than the PC version. The developers for the 360 are the same as the ones for Xbox, PS2 etc. They aren't going to design an entirely different game for the 360 if they plan on releasing it on different formats. Dead or Alive 4 is visually amazing. And for those of you who are specifically stating the negatives which you have read thru reviews remember, different people have different points of view, so until you go out there and play it, you shouldn't just be restating other peoples opinions on the game. Some reviewers (like most of you on here) are just knocking the Xbox 360 because it is a competitor to most computer games. I love computer games, but some thing I just enjoy more on console. So if your just going to say, everything is better on the PC before you give any other console a chance, then you have no reason to even be posting on the consoles forum.

-eb0

Edited by eb0

Thanks for your thoughts on Madden 06, I plan on getting a 360 eventuaully no matter what. It definetly won't take me away from the PC though or PS3. I like to have them all. I do feel FPS's play better on PC, but yet I haven't played a console FPS online yet either. I will prbly go online with my consoles when i can afford it, but for now I stick to playing online with PC. When I do get a 360 I think I wil wait until next year (07) to get Madden and NCAA. I wanted to get NFS MW for regular xbox, but I want the whole graphics effect because I know the graphics will be better on the 360. I plan on getting a new PC soon too, but i'm trying to decide what I should get for my money. Now that I think of it, I will prbly get the next gen consoles first. I have also been able to challenge plays on madden for xbox, but only the plays that are reviewable. Usually if its reviewable the challenge button will be highlighted so you can select it. I haven't won a challenge yet tho. As for the difficulty, I have it set on PRO and I still went 17-1 with the cardinals of all teams ( they drafted my NCAA Heisman winner my Sophmore year player 2nd round) losing in the Super Bowl after I simulated it as I was too impatient to get to my second season. But Madden has no other football console games to compete with like they did last year. I bought 2K5 last year for $20, that was the best $20 i ever spent except i didn't like the fact you couldn't import a NCAA player. Anyways, thanks for your input.

Edited by Pestilence

eb0

If anyone is interested in Dead or Alive 4 like Pestilience was of Madden then I'll drop my 2 cents about that game also.

Xbox 360 might not be worth the money or hassle right now, but I'm more than confident that it will be a must have in the future.

Madden rox on 360.

I beat kameo just the other day as thats all i have to do down here in mississippi on my down time in between training before we leave for iraq.

also another underrated game is Gun. the graphics arent the best but the gameplay is sweet.

as of now my list reads:

Need for Speed

Gun

Madden

Dead or Alive(fun but difficult)

Condemned

King Kong

so far i havent played a bad game on 360 and despite my problems with it it has still been worth it.