New maps please!

There's just something about that map, between CT spawn and the building, and in that little room with the map (on the Ts way to B) that sometimes brings me down. I always play with AA and AF off, but sometimes this happens before bodies start flying so it's a mystery to me. Anyone else still of the opinion that de_go_nuke looked noticeable cooler than de_nuke?

I did make a post in the admin thread about it. Shep posted the schedule for me so let's take a look at this thing and see if we can make some people happy.

Morning

de_dust2, de_aztec, cs_italy, de_dust, cs_office, de_cbble,de_nuke

Afternoon

cs_italy, de_aztec, de_piranesi, de_dust2, de_cbble, cs_office,de_nuke

PrimeTime

de_losttemple, cs_italy, de_port, de_aztec, de_clan_mill_beta, de_cbble, cs_office, de_piranesi, de_cpl_fire_b2, de_dust2, de_inferno,de_nuke

Late Night

de_dust2, cs_italy, de_inferno, de_aztec, cs_office,de_nuke

After Hours

cs_italy, de_aztec, de_dust2, de_cbble, cs_office,de_nuke

There's just something about that map, between CT spawn and the building, and in that little room with the map (on the Ts way to B) that sometimes brings me down. I always play with AA and AF off, but sometimes this happens before bodies start flying so it's a mystery to me. Anyone else still of the opinion that de_go_nuke looked noticeable cooler than de_nuke?

Try this mookie, turn your antialiasing ON and UP, same for ansitropic filtering. Play with these settings.

It goes against conventionally wisdom, but myself and others have actually gotten BETTER fps with these ON and up than turning them off.

I did make a post in the admin thread about it. Shep posted the schedule for me so let's take a look at this thing and see if we can make some people happy.

Morning

de_dust2, de_aztec, cs_italy, de_dust, cs_office, de_cbble,de_nuke

Afternoon

cs_italy, de_aztec, de_piranesi, de_dust2, de_cbble, cs_office,de_nuke

PrimeTime

de_losttemple, cs_italy, de_port, de_aztec, de_clan_mill_beta, de_cbble, cs_office, de_piranesi, de_cpl_fire_b2, de_dust2, de_inferno,de_nuke

Late Night

de_dust2, cs_italy, de_inferno, de_aztec, cs_office,de_nuke

After Hours

cs_italy, de_aztec, de_dust2, de_cbble, cs_office,de_nuke

Just an fyi to everyone, this schedule is available in the Scopeless #2 info sticky here in this forum at the top. THere is also info on who the lead admins are, if you're curious and what server events there are and links to the forums.

As for changing the cycle, we are considering some changes but nothing concrete yet.

Thanks for the cycle, didn't realize it was stucked (usually just read with the "View New Posts" link). Times would be good to go with that though, just to get an idea of how long each period is. My biggest complaint about mapcycles is how overplayed whatever is at the front starts to feel, especially whenever a custom gets set up and it defaults back to start. I'd vote for either dust2 or office at the start of the primetime cycle, because I think it's a little off-putting to have things default back to losttemple or sometimes italy after an admin leaves.

Also, out of curiousity, what happens if a map change is made to a map on the cycle. For example, what happens if an admin sets nextmap to piranesi (during primetime, let's say while current map is port, because nobody feels like aztec). After piranesi, will the cycle run back to losttemple, or proceed with fire? If it resumes the cycle, why not make the primetime cycle obscenely long with tons of customs, that way if the map gets changed it won't always move on to the same map.

To answer your question mookie, it would pick up where the "new" nextmap is in the rotation.

Also, I'm making and uploading changes to some of the cycles now, I"ll update the info sticky when I'm done. Don't expect a complete revamping, but this should help with some of those maps that get played a bit too often.

Ok folks,

The new rotations are now up on the server. I've updated the info post but if you're feeling like a surprise just play on the server and find out first hand :). Please remember as Clueless said that we can't please everyone. That said we have a new map in the rotation and we're giving aztec a little break during most of the day now.

We've also replaced the beta version of de_cpl_fire with the final version now, so you'll probably download that the first time it loads up.

Enjoy :peace:

Edited by Ice_Berge_00