New maps please!

Myself and many others that play regularly in this server have started to get tired of the current map rotation. We were wondering if we could possibly add some additional maps. It would be a good idea for some to post any suggestions they may have. I would like to see cppl_fire. I belive that is the name. But I pretty much would be happy with anything. Inferno, tides, assault, compound..... etc..... Thanks for taking the time to read my post.

Mozzarella

I believe the map rotation is fine. I do feel if we could get rid of some of the more lengthy maps,

that seem to drag on, out we can make room for some of the older maps. I have

always been a fan of bringing back some of the standard CSS maps. Train, Port,

or Compound for instance.

I believe the map rotation is fine. I do feel if we could get rid of some of the more lengthy maps,

that seem to drag on, out we can make room for some of the older maps. I have

always been a fan of bringing back some of the standard CSS maps. Train, Port,

or Compound for instance.

Why do I suddenly feel the urge to play Prodigy?!

<Snaps out of it, chases Wayfarer away with a rubber chicken.>

Shep has a customs map night on saturdays usually...he's been busy but it will return shortly.

Assault, Tides and Compound were removed because they drop server traffic, its cool to play them every now and then, but putting them in the perm rotation tends to empty the servers.

I think inferno isn't in the 24 hour rotation cause of a mix of performance hit and server traffic, the later impacted a bit by the map induced lag.

I think we tried out cpple_fire at one point, not sure if it's still in the rotation somewhere. I like to see new maps put in for a while every now and then as well. Just to keep it to say, one new map at a time so we can gauge how it will affect server traffic.

Has the map roster been updated lately???

Edited by Brillow_Head

GC Alumni
(edited)

de_kismayo might be worth trying out for a while. Also, it might be nice to see css_galleria back every once in a while.

Oh and Mo I'll give it a shot: dust2, piranesi, train? :D

Edited by mookie

I would also like to try out cs_dracula.

Readme File:

Author : detamic

Email : detamic@wanadoo.fr

map : cs_dracula

Action take place in a little mansion in transylvania where terrorists have just taken refuge, at night. Counters have to rescue hostages which have been hidden in the basement. But it seems there is something strange with or in this house...

cs_dracula.bsp, cs_dracula.nav et cs_dracula.txt files can be instaled in the ...Valve\Steam\Steamapps\username\Counter-Strike Source\cstrike\maps\

directory or in your game directory if you have change it.

You can play up to 64 players.

46060_2.jpg

I'm tempted to quote you on that Strange :D

One warning about dracula, it was played on customs once, and turned into a hostage camp fest. Small room with one entrance, actually doesn't really benefit the Ts since CTs can throw things in easily.

I'm tempted to quote you on that Strange  :D

One warning about dracula, it was played on customs once, and turned into a hostage camp fest. Small room with one entrance, actually doesn't really benefit the Ts since CTs can throw things in easily.

Ahhh I must've missed that mapnight, I'll just delete my post since you've already played that map. Thanks mook, I was just looking for a breath of fresh air in the rotation, I'm not opposed to logistics_assault either.

de_3rdstreet, de_cliffcabin_s, de_newportbeach, de_eminence, de_kilo2 are all maps I remember from customs either on #2 or #3, and could be rotated IMO. de_eminence especially.

delta mill, grist mill could be played, although they'd play similar to de_alivemetal I think.

Not sure what happened with de_russka. Fatty loaded it onto a server at one point, but I didn't play it long since it was late at night at that point. Worth looking at.

Have we tried this?

cs_siege_source

This is the best attempt at recreating the famous map from counter-strike that I have seen so far. The overall layout is the same, but a few things have been changed. The spawning area for the terrorists is simpler, and the hostages are harder to camp. The water pipe system is darker, and the entry ways up to the car garage are modified. The car garage itself is different. My favorite camping/sniping spot that was near the door leading to the sewers is gone, and the cars have been rearranged. The building that lies in the middle of the two spawns, has a much more detailed interior, but the mobile home across from it is now gone, replaced by a shipping container. Playabilitywise, I really can't comment on because I couldn't test this with 20+ people, so thats a question that will have to be answered at anothet time.

csdl_source_462t.jpg

Mozz, the night rotation is only three maps if I remember right, Italy, dust2 and I think Aztec.

I personally think Inferno should just be removed from the server, deleted forever and the name banned from this point forward.

I miss Prodigy...how I miss Prodigy. Same with Compound and Train.

Siege was great when they first released it...so many deaths due to the elevator and/or the APC.

Also nuke comes up a lot which is way more laggy than inferno. I just think something needs to be done. I think many gc members that frequent this server would be able to concur on the numerous complaints made by repeat maps. I personally have to leave the server when they come back over and over. It's just such a great server that needs some improvement. One gc member told me they will never improve the server. They said that suggestions have been made in the past but nothing was ever done. I hope thats not the case since there appears to be an interest in making improvements. Thanks.

Mozza ;)