A Time of Need

...I was just told 5 minutes ago, no sooner than I left CS to go to bed, that my grandfather is in a hospital in Kingston - a city 2 1/2 hours or so from where I live now.

He was found by his neighbours, when his car hadn't moved or been shovelled out for a number of days. He was found fallen in his bathroom. It's believed that he's been there for three or four days - just after my cousin paid him a visit. He's been in and out of consciousness for that time, is dehydrated and in rough shape.

It's really not him to be this way... ...he's a strong-willed, vibrant man. After we moved away from the area, he continued to live in the tiny, back-woods mountain town... ...even after my grandmother passed on, he thrived amongst the neighbours, all one or two generations removed from himself... Always building or fixing or growing something, and always helping the families around him.

I'm skipping service, and my worship band duties tomorrow, and heading out to see him, alongside my mother.

If you could, please pray for him. He's not a Christian, and he's always been opposed to old-fashioned religion... I ask that you could pray for his full recovery - physical, mental and emotional... ...I also ask that if you're bold enough, you pray for his salvation - that through these circumstances, he might come to know the Lord...

I also have a selfish prayer request to make... ...I ask that you pray for the strength I need to make it through this ordeal... I also ask that you could pray for my waining faith in the outcome of this situation, and the anxiety that's filling my chest as I type.

I'm anxious because in three years, I've not once shared my faith and my belief with my grandfather... ...my grandmother had faith, and they just agreed to disagree... ...I always figured that he'd come around... ...but that was my foolishness, and I've really noone else to blame...

Sorry for this silly diatribe... ...I'm sure that all will be well in God's good, pleasing and perfect timing.

Your Brother in Christ

Sean May

Sheldon "Jerry" Macwhirter...the man I spent the first 12 years of my life living with has passed on...

He suffered from a brain hemorrhage, due to a contusion on the back of his head, from the fall... ...his lungs were damaged and filled with fluid. His leg lost all circulation, and required amputation.

My cousin had rushed out, as soon as he had heard the news, and met him in the hospital... ...in a lucid moment, he turned to my cousin and started to cry... ...then he was gone.

There was a DNR on his medical chart, and some of the family is outraged, and there is bickering - trying to figure out where it came from... I haven't told anyone, but I think he requested it, after an accident he was in, ten years ago...

What makes me the most upset is that the way I believe the Bible teaches, unless he found peace and comfort in God, the horrible suffering and anguish he's endured in the past five days may seem as nothing in a place devoid of good...

My soul is grieved, a chunk is missing from what I knew my identity to be, and I'm a tired, sore wreck...

Please forgive me if I've offended anyone with any of this... and forgive my attrocious spelling...

Please keep me in your prayers.

Sean

Sean,

First and foremost, I'm sorry and I will pray for you and your family. It's not selfish to ask for prayers of strengh to get through a hard time and this is certainly the place to do it. You won't offend anyone.

May God grant you clarity and strength my friend.

Brian

I am praying for you! It's at times like these when it appears nothing can console you that we can get a greater glimpse of just how powerful the grace of God is.

May God strengthen you. May He shed his grace on you. May you experience the comfort of God that exceeds the comfort a small child receives from his mother. May God give you understanding and wisdom. May His Spirit shine through you to family members and friends!

Thanks for letting us pray.

Sean, (Norguard) I'm so sorry for your loss. You have absolutely

nothing to apologize for!

Matthew 8, 5-13

5 Now when Jesus had entered Capernaum, a centurion came to Him, pleading with Him,   6 saying, "Lord, my servant is lying at home paralyzed, dreadfully tormented."   7 And Jesus said to him, "I will come and heal him."   8 The centurion answered and said, "Lord, I am not worthy that You should come under my roof. But only speak a word, and my servant will be healed.   9 "For I also am a man under authority, having soldiers under me. And I say to this [one,] 'Go,' and he goes; and to another, 'Come,' and he comes; and to my servant, 'Do this,' and he does [it."]   10 When Jesus heard [it,] He marveled, and said to those who followed, "Assuredly, I say to you, I have not found such great faith, not even in Israel! 11 "And I say to you that many will come from east and west, and sit down with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven.   12 "But the sons of the kingdom will be cast out into outer darkness. There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth."   13 Then Jesus said to the centurion, "Go your way; and as you have believed, [so] let it be done for you." And his servant was healed that same hour.

Also;

Matthew 9, 20-22

20 And suddenly, a woman who had a flow of blood for twelve years came from behind and touched the hem of His garment.   21 For she said to herself, "If only I may touch His garment, I shall be made well."   22 But Jesus turned around, and when He saw her He said, "Be of good cheer, daughter; your faith has made you well." And the woman was made well from that hour.

I'm hoping you understand my meaning here.

I will pray for you. Godbless.

Edited by wayfarer

I am praying for you! It's at times like these when it appears nothing can console you that we can get a greater glimpse of just how powerful the grace of God is.

May God strengthen you. May He shed his grace on you. May you experience the comfort of God that exceeds the comfort a small child receives from his mother. May God give you understanding and wisdom. May His Spirit shine through you to family members and friends!

Thanks for letting us pray.

Wow, these are perfect words, I can't say it any better. You and your family are in our prayers.

Thanks for the words, guys. Thank you moreso for your prayers. I've read this thread once or twice this week, and through it, I've really been given comfort.

...I am hanging in, Duke. My quality of work has been waning as of late, but I'm getting back on my feet. I'm still not happy about it, and I didn't get to see him, nor have I been up to the estate, because of work, but I know that comfort and rest are mine for the asking.

Right now, I'm hoping to see some of my family that's made the trek from the far corners of North America.

In times of doubt look for comfort in the arms of our Lord. Jesus said that we go without because we fail to ask for things. I notice several references above saying that you are asking for selfish things. While there can be selfishness in our prayers, God can weed through it better than we can. Most important to remember is how much our Lord truely loves us. When at our worst He is at His best. This is what it means when it says when we are weak He is strong. I always enjoy our banter online and insulting your culture, but silliness aside know that someone who loves the Lord, loves you and who has seen healing, salvation and restoration miracles is not only praying for you but standing with you. Bless ya bro.