Had a chance to play this map last night. BY FAR the BEST MAP IN CSS. It is FRIGGIN HUGE... not to mention the eerie/cool atmosphere. This is the type of map that could be played for an entire night and not get old. Whomever created this map took A LOT of time and should be commended for it... it's amazing.

Please... PLEASE!!! put this map in the rotation... for say... cs_italy... since it's a piece of crap...

This map is really T friendly, but I love it too. That's why I put it in the vote last night. It probably won't make rotation but if you ask me whenever you see me we can throw it in a vote.

Btw, John fixed the mapvote function for me in mani, so now we can put all the customs in the vote. This was a problem before only the standard 9 or so maps were showing up. Thanks john.

Btw, John fixed the mapvote function for me in mani, so now we can put all the customs in the vote. This was a problem before only the standard 9 or so maps were showing up. Thanks john.

:luxhello:

thanks SJ, this WAS a inconvenience because players would request costums which were tricky to vote on

Just wondering, but I've seen some servers that just do an up/down vote to change maps. I'm assuming this would be easily doable in mani, so for example, Way if he wanted could just do "Set nextmap to de_prodigy?" and then it would just be 20-2 Nay. Seems like a decent way to change maps, because the admin can nominate a good map and if the server is willing to play it then it goes. When there's a long list of choices, sometimes everyone votes for something different and dust2 or office just wins with 20% or so.

Personally, if you want non-Admin (unless somebody has $53CAD to throw at me) GC backing, I'm all for it.

I rather liked this map. It may be T friendly, and I may not have learned all of the tricks of the trade, but it's still really linear. It may look really, really expansive, but there are only three or four main routes. Like Rico said, those same routes can also be used against rushing terrorists.

On top of all of that, from a mapper's point of view, this is probably the slickest custom I've seen made, up to this point. The guy really knows his brushwork, his texture alignment, and when to add volumetric fog.

what is the deal with everyone hating a map because of a slight edge by one team over another? every CS_map is geared towards the Ts... all they have to really do is sit an wait in the hostie room for the CTs to show up. DE_maps do not work in favor of the CTs in the same way because there are far too many entrances, AND there are 2 sites...which means you only have 1/2 the team covering... 1/4 covering the other, and the last 1/4 wandering aimlessly around.

I could almost guarantee a win for the CTs in this Xmas map... because it's dark, and the CTs blend in better... and... the kicker....

I KNOW HOW TO WALK and BE PATIENT.

cs_xmas has some nice points to it. however i wouldn't want it in rotation because getting to the hosties there is only two ways top or bottom and both can be watched by terrorists at one time. i think it will become an easily terrorist favored map.

Had a chance to play this map last night.  BY FAR the BEST MAP IN CSS.  It is FRIGGIN HUGE... not to mention the eerie/cool atmosphere.  This is the type of map that could be played for an entire night and not get old.  Whomever created this map took A LOT of time and should be commended for it... it's amazing.

Please... PLEASE!!! put this map in the rotation... for say... cs_italy... since it's a piece of crap...

I cant currently play CSS. Can you make me a screenshot of this map? Thanx. :D

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Stormseeker
Guest Stormseeker
Guest Stormseeker
Guests

Thanks for the comments, i'm glad you enjoyed it. :D

Guest Stormseeker
Guest Stormseeker
Guest Stormseeker
Guests

lol. Yes I created cs_xmas

hard to show proof of this i suppose, but simply pm me on HL2World (username stormseeker) and I can confirm this. If you check the readme file for cs_xmas it has my Email address on it (cjhorn@gmail.com) feel free to email me and I will confirm this.

cs_xmas

_______

By Stormseeker (C J Horn)

Released - 23/12/05

Contents

--------

maps - cs_xmas.bsp and cs_xmas.nav

sound - cs_xmas_sound(folder containing {"Cmelody" and "King's College Choir - Christmas Carols -03 - Ding Dong, Mer"})

readme - .txt file

Installation

------------

1. Extract this rar to your cstrike folder located here.

C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\{your username}\counter-strike source\cstrike

Scenario

----------

Counter-Terrorists

It is 24th December, and a group of Terrorists has taken 4 people hostage in a small Apartment complex,

located in the Mountainside Village of Eve, Switzerland.

A counterterrorist unit has been dispatched to rescue them.

Make your way from the churchyard deployment point through the small village to the residence, then rescue the hostages,

rendezvouing back at the churchyard for evac.

Terrorists

You have taken 4 people hostage, and must hold them until your demands are met.

This time of year is perfect for media attention.

Hold the hostages against all odds. If all else fails, execute them!

Credits

-------

Concept - Stormseeker (C J Horn)

Map - Stormseeker

Models - Blade (Laurence Whaites) {Christmas tree and decorations}

Pat Glynn {Wreaths, picture frame}

Materials - Stormseeker {pictures etc}

Pat Glynn {garlands, wrapping paper}

Sound - Digital Dreamer {CMelody}

Bing Crosby/Dean Martin/Tony Bennett/Choir of Kings College Cambridge.

Base Content provided by Valve and Turtle Rock studios.

Beta Testers - GamerSmurf, Blade, Stormseeker, Pat Glynn, Alexroyce, Raminator, Crunk Juice, Jenno Bing, XtremEend,

Noboe120, Dr.H, M0rph3v5, Pufuwuzu, Jean Paul.

Hosting - Alexroyce.

Copyright

---------

Please don't copy this map, or use it to produce

(aim, fy, as, awp, de, dm, scoutsknives or any other variant type of map, including dod source, or hl2dm or hl2 singleplayer)

If you wish to do something like this, or vmex the map for referance, please email me for permission first.

Contact

-------

You can find me at www.HL2World.com in either the Counterstrike: Source forum or Day of Defeat: Source forum or

Dawn of the Dead forum under the name "stormseeker".

or email me at cjhorn@gmail.com

Links

-----

www.AlexRoyce.com

www.HL2World.com

www.Flamehaus.com

www.dotdmod.com

Thankyou for Downloading this map!

Happy Xmas.

- Stormseeker.

or come and visit me on HL2World, i'm a mod there on CS:S, DOD:S and Lead Mapper on Dawn of the Dead mod.

but i'm no phony :|