Insider Hosting Server, LA

Fatty

Ok, we have a server at our disposal. Last night we tested it as a scopeless server. The game play was fine.

However, are we ready for another server like this?

I'd like to propose the following: Since Antediluvian went goldeneye, and has limited quality lines to the net as it is, I think this could be a great opportunity to bring back a Scoutzknivez / DM map type server.

Anyone up for trying this? Ante did a respectable job even on the connection it is. This could be a great place for the community to go to just get some frags.

At least for tonight, I want to give this a run and see what happens.

Are there any other maps out there besides SK that are fun DM type maps?

GC Founder

Alright...gonna stay the course and give this some time as a scopeless server as originally planned.

Going to put it into the rotation between 3 and 4. However, if this impacts 4 to the point where the games aren't getting started (4 has been doing very well, steady climb it seems) then we'll have to rethink it. I don't want to sacrifice what we've started with 4.

This server (aka 3.5) is set at 30 players atm. This can be lowered if it just doesn't seem to be filling.

Later on, I'm going to set it to a very lean mapcycle and put it in the rotation.

Just throwing some things out there;

- custom maps server

- no AWPs server or

- no AWPs no auto's server

- GC only server

Someone metioned the last one when we were playing on

3.5 last night. The game flow was awsome because we had

virtually all GC in there. That person, also said that he would

pay for a GC membeership to play in a GC only server. The

only drawback is that it might take away from admins presence

on the other servers.

Edited by wayfarer

Where is this server physically located?

Ive discussed the NW thing with John and briefly with Duke ( he spent a lot of time in #3 last night)

Oh.. fully scopeless like #2, or just true scope? or now awp/auto?

important questions I think..

Edited by Laz.e.rus

GC Founder

It's in LA.

For one, we just opened a 16 play GC server that can be utilized that way. What's more is we could put multiple servers on this box...we're all that's on it.

SJ needs to post, he talked to some guys who were very excited about a west coast noscope server....the owner of the box like the idea of a sister scopeless in the west....so we'll let this ride and see what happens for now.

Keep the ideas flowing, because if it doesn't take we can always try something else.

ramblings with laz produced the following.

1. we don't "own" the servers, he does. we could be building him a player base, then he changes passwords and we lose members. i haven't talked to him outside of an IM or two, so this could be way off base.

2. if we continue to expand west pub player slots, demand goes down, and so does membership. there's no reason to pay for a reserve when you have 64 west slots to choose from, unless each of the servers is genuinely unique (like scopeless, stock, dm, etc.)

3. what about 1.6? http://www.steampowered.com/status/game_stats.html

4. maybe a fully custom server. good for shep, strange, and avengence (*EHEM*) to test customs on for the map nights on the reg servers.

I'm off to China here in a couple of weeks for a year or so. I was thinking about filling out an admin application to admin during normal buisness hours. If I do and if it is accepted I'd admin the server.

p.s. John where are my ping plots?

I'm off to China here in a couple of weeks for a year or so.  I was thinking about filling out an admin application to admin during normal buisness hours.  If I do and if it is accepted I'd admin the server. 

p.s. John where are my ping plots?

you don't want to see them. :=

do you have any other ips?

GC Founder

Ok, nice pts, which I'll read again in a sec....but I just made another change:

Our first interest must be in the servers we currently are powering.....4 took an immediate hit when 3 started redirecting to 3.5. I've changed this. 3 is back to pushing to 4, and 4 will overflow to 3.5, then to 1.

2 also pushes to 1, which goes to 3. Correct, 2 stands alone. It is able to do this.

I say we do something nutty / off the wall with this server. I don't think it'll catch without 3 pushing into it.

We'll see.....good talks. My impression with SJ's comments to me a bit ago differed from what he's saying he. I agree totally....we should run solid CSS with our current fleet and use this to add some variety, not cut in to our value.

Is there a meaningful limit on the number of maps a server can have loaded?

I think it might be really cool to just put every custom anyone wants to play on there, and if possible (don't know much about Mani) maybe give all GC the ability to set nextmap.

i aint know nothing bout no deathmatch. but here are some fun frag maps:

aim_headshot2

thm_3187a.jpg

spawn points: 40

aim_ak-colt_css

thm_2154a.jpg

spawn points: 36

aim_deagle_map

thm_1574a.jpg

spawn points: 26

aim_taliban

thm_3270b.jpg

spawn points: 30

aim_dust_crates

thm_2215d.jpg

spawn points: 30

aim_shotty

thm_1794b.jpg

spawn points: 40

fy maps with more than 30 spawn points

other maps with more than 30 spawn points

i think that vip mod is still waiting to be released.