New video card

ConGregation

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you go with Newegg Rev?

I am a Newegg fanboy.

A few years ago nVidia's drivers were junk to install.

nVidia was on top for quite a while, so I have been an nVidia fanboy for quite a while. :D

I like that ATI has matured though, got a Ti4600 so I don't want to think about upgrading for myself, at least for a year. I would have gotten a 9700 for myself if it was the top when I built my current system.

Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guests

New Egg's cheap and free shipping is still fast. You should have it by Monday the latest.

Guest The Hurricane
Guest The Hurricane
Guest The Hurricane
Guests
Welp. I think you have convinced me to get the 9500pro.

sorry to hear rev -_-

:P;)

Wow I posted at 4:47 (it was awhile after I had ordered it) and it was picked up at 6:11 the very same day! Of course I would assume that is Pacific time but STILL! That is some fast service!

Newegg Newegg Newegg Newegg!

It sitting in Indanapolis right now. So you were right... probably Monday.

Here is another question...

This takes an extra power supply. What kind of wattage do I need to power this? I can't remember if I got a 300 or 350 watt P.S.. I will have to check that out.

I just thought of something....if you only have an AMD 1 GHZ. Then your motherboard is probably only 4x agp. Your card is made for 8x but will run on 4, so when you upgrade your mobo later you will really be able to see the video card perform.

Yeah I have found newegg to be quite the shop. Im saving about 200-300$ on my stuff for the rest of my comp.

Nvidia Graphics Logo Badge Sticker $5.00

CaseAce GearGrip LAN Bag - RETAIL $45.00

RED COLD CATHODE LIGHT KIT $18.00

Thumb Screw (10 screws in a bag), Black Anodize $3.00

Case Sticker, "CounterStike Logo" 7 1/2 silver etched Adhestive Appliqués Retail $8.00

Thermaltake CPU Shim, New Revision. Designed for AMD DURON SERIES, ATHLON AND ATHLON MP / XP SERIES $5.00

Creative Labs Black Face Plate Kit for Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Platinum Drive $19.00

Lite On 48x24x48 CDRW Model LTR-48246SBlack OEM $57.99

Lite-On 16x DVD Model LTD-166 Black $43.99

Arctic Silver's NEW Premium Silver Polysynthetic Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver 3. 3-gram( 1 cc. ) tube $6.00

WD WESTERN DIGITAL "SPECIAL EDITION" 80GB 7200RPM EIDE HARD DRIVE $109.00

KINGSTON KVR333X64C25/512 512MB 32x64 PC2700 DDR RAM $92.00

Viewsonic E70B 17" - Retail $135.00

ASUS A7V8X LAN, Firewire IEEE1394, Serial ATA w/ RAID DDR400 AMD Athlon/Athlon XP/Duron Socket A, Processor Mother Board -Retail

$126.00

10 Ft. Cat. 5e Patch Cable, 350 Mhz. Can be used as Cat. 5. With Snag-Free Caps. Color: Red $2.50

Thermaltake Silent PurePower, 420W ATX power supply. UL, CSA, TUV, CE Approved. Intel Pentium 4 Compliant $58.00

AMD Athlon XP 2200+/266 FSB Processor CPU - $169.00

total $905.98

I have a red and black theme :) that goes with my Thermaltake Xaser II case.

I just thought of something....if you only have an AMD 1 GHZ.  Then your motherboard is probably only 4x agp.  Your card is made for 8x but will run on 4, so when you upgrade your mobo later you will really be able to see the video card perform.

I read that the 8x is only for DVD playback & such...is that true? Sounded like the 4x would be used for everything else...not sure tho.

I checked and I do only have 4x. Have to read up on how it will affect it. Looked around for a bit at motherboards but buying MB's isnt easy for me. Havent found a website that categorized them for newbs like me and also offers good reviews. But I probalby will just plod along with what I have for some time yet.

Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guests

Currently 8x and 4x agp shows almost no difference. The games need to really support the extra bandwidth and currently there are none or very few that do.