Please pray for me

Well i just took out my first college loan and its unsubsitized so it starts collecting interest in one month. So to make it have no interest i have to pay 56.25 every month. With my job now i cannot afford that.

I have to pay for my own insurance ($100)

Cell (my mom said that i HAVE to have a cell ($20))

Gas ($10-20 per week)

Misc ($10-20 every two weeks)

I only make $8.50 an hour. and i only work 20 hours per week.

So i need a job that pays more and keeps those hours. because i cant work more then 20 hours per week because of college.

I am a produce stocker, it is manotonis, tedius, boring, and depressing.

I feel like walking out every time i go to work. I feel like my work is just bogging me down. This job is making me more grumpy, moody, and i complain more.

So pray for me that i get a new job plz.

Im looking right now

There's always gonna be something better out there, and whatever job you end up with you're probably going to be dissatisfied. Unless you're able to get a skilled position somewhere, $8.50 is decent money, and looking at the expenses you listed you should be grossing over $600 a month while spending less than $300.

Well i just took out my first college loan and its unsubsitized so it starts collecting interest in one month. So to make it have no interest i have to pay 56.25 every month. With my job now i cannot afford that.

I have to pay for my own insurance ($100)

Cell (my mom said that i HAVE to have a cell ($20))

Gas ($10-20 per week)

Misc ($10-20 every two weeks)

I only make $8.50 an hour. and i only work 20 hours per week.

So i need a job that pays more and keeps those hours. because i cant work more then 20 hours per week because of college.

I am a produce stocker, it is manotonis, tedius, boring, and depressing.

I feel like walking out every time i go to work. I feel like my work is just bogging me down. This job is making me more grumpy, moody, and i complain more.

So pray for me that i get a new job plz.

Im looking right now

Welcome to the real world, it sucks!!!

LOL, just kidding. Do you have any skills that would make someone want to pay you more than $8.50 an hour? That's a pretty good wage for part time work stocking produce. I used to work my behind off for less than that laying water and gas pipe in the ground in college. And I worked 30-40hrs a week. Still ended up with 20k in loans....argggg.

Just to be totally honest, I'm not sure anyone is going to pay you any more for working 20hrs a week unless what ever degree program you are in has a "COOP" type of deal. But usually that requires that you take every other or every third semester off and work for them full time. Some of them will let you do it over the summer though.

8.50/ hr for stocking produce? Thats not bad actually. I think the

real problem here is that you hate your job. (NOW welcome to the real world!!)

If you actually enjoyed your job & it was not as tedious for you,

you could probably do more than 20hrs per week. Let's look

at this Realistically; 20hrs is basicly 1 8hr weekend (sat or sun)

and two 4hr weeknights. You could almost double your money if

you added the extra weekend & 1 more night. But you have to have

energy to do this, and you get energy from doing things you enjoy.

Do you play video games as often/more often then you work?

Think about some things you would enjoy doing & see if you can get

a P/T job in the same price range in that field.

There is a full time job that discombobulated got with anderson windows in the summer, he got 12 dollars per hour. and my brother is giving me a refer to a job dealing with mentaly handycap patents. That will bring in 15 dollars per hour.

• 1 month later...
There is a full time job that discombobulated got with anderson windows in the summer, he got 12 dollars per hour. and my brother is giving me a refer to a job dealing with mentaly handycap patents. That will bring in 15 dollars per hour.

I say, go with the job discombobulated got.

All I know is that would not be able to work with mentaly handycap patents.

I'm not good at those things.

Or just don't have the patience to do such a thing. Me either. I'd take the Anderson Windows job.

Or just don't have the patience to do such a thing. Me either. I'd take the Anderson Windows job.

Oh yes. Btw, have you seen "Office Space", Geek?

• 3 weeks later...

Oh yes. Btw, have you seen "Office Space", Geek?

yeah i have, i would never be able to work in a cubacle.

funny movie though.

and my job is actually making me very depressed when i work there.

the reasons are:

1. i work alone, no social interactment

2. manotonis

3. hard work (my body hurts coming home, everytime)

It pays good, thats why im not going to dump it for a job that pays less, like some of my co-workers.