Stupid server problem

discom

This is why i dont get a reserve...

notresp.jpg

This happens to me all the time, and lately it's just gotten worse.

Whenever I play on a server (any server, not just GC) for a certain amount of time (anywhere from 3 minutes to 3 hours), I will get a "connection problem" thing come up and lose the server. Then it will stay in this "not responding" state for anywhere between a week and a month. Now this happens to me more than ever, and it's getting REALLY annoying. :bang:

Does anyone else get this problem or does anyone have any ideas to fix this? I hope its not a problem with my ISP, but i dont see how that could be the case

Lol, hitting refresh and restarting steam are the first things i tried.

And, no, its not the college because i am not on their connection.

Its making me furious!! I play for 30 seconds then it loses connection! The problem gets worse and worse!

Lol, hitting refresh and restarting steam are the first things i tried.

And, no, its not the college because i am not on their connection.

Its making me furious!! I play for 30 seconds then it loses connection! The problem gets worse and worse!

I still blame your college....

did they ever fix steams trouble with saving favorites yet?

jason, this has never happened to me at either my house or sams, i think its your schools prob. talk to your admin, and see if he is doing something to make it happen. prolly blocking a port or something. is it possible to use steam through morpheus?

http://support.steampowered.com/cgi-bin/st...li=&p_topview=1

hook your comp straight to phone/cable modem and see if that fixes it.

I'll try that

jason, this has never happened to me at either my house or sams, i think its your schools prob. talk to your admin, and see if he is doing something to make it happen. prolly blocking a port or something. is it possible to use steam through morpheus?

I am not using my school's connection! lol

Actually, the schools connection is way better than mine and ppl i know who use it get 0 problems

another thing i thought of is that it might be the firmware in your router. in which case, certain measures such as these may be required.

1) Disable QoS and uPnP. You need to go into the router and disable UPnP and QoS if it's there, and you should only have TCP/IP checked in the network properties for your Internet connection.

2) Disable Wireless Zero Service (included in Windows XP). You can access these settings in Control Panel/Administrative Tools/Services.

hope this helps! (and no, i did not just take this from steampowered.com...)

another thing i thought of is that it might be the firmware in your router. in which case, certain measures such as these may be required.

1) Disable QoS and uPnP. You need to go into the router and disable UPnP and QoS if it's there, and you should only have TCP/IP checked in the network properties for your Internet connection.

2) Disable Wireless Zero Service (included in Windows XP). You can access these settings in Control Panel/Administrative Tools/Services.

hope this helps! (and no, i did not just take this from steampowered.com...)

LOL!! That is not how you speak! You dont even know what those mean!! I have to explain what DHCP and staticly configuring an IP Address is!

But he has a point, you dont have this problem at my house or at ephmerial's

Your admin is a port blocking *nasty word for a prostitute* (he blocked every single port but HTML once)

Talk to him

Chicago was under maintenance today, that I heard of.

Oh, and we'll survive if you don't buy a reserve because of an ID 10 T error. There's no way that all of those servers are not responding at the same time....it just never happens.

Besides, reserves for you after "stupid server" topic are $59.99 instead of $50.

Have a nice day.

And look, the perfect topic for my new sig!!!

Chicago was under maintenance today, that I heard of.

Oh, and we'll survive if you don't buy a reserve because of an ID 10 T error. There's no way that all of those servers are not responding at the same time....it just never happens.

Besides, reserves for you after "stupid server" topic are $59.99 instead of $50.

Have a nice day.

And look, the perfect topic for my new sig!!!

hahaha i was calling the problem stupid, not the servers! lol

And what is "ID 10 T error"?

heh, i would prolly even pay the $60 if my connection was working properly <_<