lazarus

U.S. phenom, gold contender.

finals snowboard cross.

she had a lead. she looks back and saw that she had a DOMINATING lead

with two hills from the finish line, she decides to SHOWBOAT

and loses her balance, falls

and gets silver.

stupid. stupid. stupid.

uhhh heres how i feel about it....no one will remember 2 months from now so uhhhh show off all you want and get some attention drawn to your self. maybe that can spice up figure skating and ice dancing.....cause the only thing i can think of thatll make me happy to watch those events is them trying to dodge bullets on ice....now that would be great!!! no more tossing flowers at the end of the routine.....try hand grenades!!!

I can see that point of view but if you look at the decline in the olympics in the USA (dunno about canada) you might think about what she tried. I would say about 100 times more people are talking about her and know her name now than she did if she had coasted to the gold. If she pulls a nice showboat and wins too she makes some great name recognition. It is not like she was playing a team sport or was doing the sport for a career. The olympics are ALL about name in the USA. If nothing else it is about advertising after the olympics. Nothing else. Good for her for trying it, sucks for her that she biffed it. You all are acting like there is something important about whether she won the gold or not. It does not matter. She will probably have a better career and make more money out of this biff than if she had just coasted to the gold. Snowboarding is all about showboating anyways.

I would have pry done the same thing by showboating, but I woulda just done something simple. I don't exactly know what she did, but I think its funny it cost her the gold. If I messed it up I would be more embarressed then anything, but I would get over it.

Its always funnier when it happens to someone else.

Why do they call it showboating anyways?

Edited by Pestilence

Speaking of showboating they have many sports devoted to just that....its called figure skating in all its forms. I mean seriously if you win gold there what does it do for you....great now youve got a figure skating tour in the US when you come back with only 500 tickets sold at each venue. I mean at least this girl is gonna come back and be on magazines and maybe even further the sport by getting more girls into snowboarding possibly...

LOL

if she were at any park at any mountain, she would have had things thrown at her for not landing that. a straight air grab, and she lands on her heels?

Snowboarding is all about showboating anyways.
farmer - snowboarding isn't all about showboating, it's all about style. that girl has none.

LOL

if she were at any park at any mountain, she would have had things thrown at her for not landing that. a straight air grab, and she lands on her heels?

Snowboarding is all about showboating anyways.
farmer - snowboarding isn't all about showboating, it's all about style. that girl has none.

The only difference is that she flubbed it. If she makes it she gets all the highlights and has style. Thats how I see it. I have never snowboarded but it just seems to me that most of it is doing crazy stuff more than just getting down a hill. I did not mean to put down snowboarding, I am jealous of those that can do it, but showing off seems to go with the sport. IMO.

yeah, but lien airs are lame. it's even worse when you don't land it.

if she wanted to showboat, she should have at least done it with a more stylie grab and/or rotation.

either way you look at it, i don't think she deserved the gold.

if she wanted to showboat, she should have at least done it with a more stylie grab and/or rotation.

True. She got what she deserved.

Didn't she rotate her board when she grabbed it?