Double U, Tee Eff

Playaa

I COMPLETELY, ABSOLUTELY UNDERSTOOD none of that. All I know is that these so-called 'oxford scientists' must be taken out before they create some supercomputer that will launch all of the world's nukes and create a holocaust, then mass-produce a bunch of machines to take us out!!

Oh, and if I turn off my computer, it doesn't turn back on again . . . :(

Yes, but they already turned Skynet on, by not running it...

This just tells me that not even the Quantum Physisists understand Quantum Physics, which is about uncertainty, after all, and so they get lost in the maze of their own words, when trying to describe what they think is happening. It's all just pure conjecture at this point...

Edited by Goofus Maximus

"In a sense, it is the possibility that the algorithm could run which prevents the algorithm from running,"

Sounds like something from my Existential Philosophy course. Just rephrasing it, but in not being able to run the algorithm there is an acknowledgement of the existence of that algorithm.

"In a sense, it is the possibility that the algorithm could run which prevents the algorithm from running,"

Sounds like something from my Existential Philosophy course. Just rephrasing it, but in not being able to run the algorithm there is an acknowledgement of the existence of that algorithm.

And this is the point of Quantum theory. It's an admission that we don't know. Some have taken this to mean that we do know... that states are on and off simultaneously, but what QM really states is that we don't know, because we can't measure in any meaningful way, without messing things up so much in our measuring attempts that the results become meaningless. Just because a cat might be in a box you open, doesn't mean it only potentially exists in reality till you open the box. It just means you don't know what's in the box till you open it.