crossfire vs sli

Preacher

No I want 939, the reason I say infreior is that they are currently all rated less than the better SLI boards and chipsets. I was going back and forth with buying a crossfire so I could run duel X1900XTs and getting an SLI board so I could run with true SLI 16x16 instead of 8x8.

No I want 939, the reason I say infreior is that they are currently all rated less than the better SLI boards and chipsets. I was going back and forth with buying a crossfire so I could run duel X1900XTs and getting an SLI board so I could run with true SLI 16x16 instead of 8x8.

I would agree with this, the current crossfire motherboard is pretty inferior to the majority of the Nvidia SLI boards. I have seen some comparisons and you wont really see any difference with the two x16 PCI-e slots. So I wouldn't take that into consideration. If you want dual X1900XT's I would recommend waiting for the newer chipset from ATI, hopefully it will perform better. I do also remember reading about a mod where someone was able to get the ATI cards working on a non crossfire board. If you really must have it, I would search for the guys article.

why would that make them inferior?

I was not sure what you guys were referring to. I thought the X200

chipset was fine. Your saying it's inferior?

No I want 939

Considering the direction that cpu's are heading, is this not

just as bad as buying a 754 socket 1-2 years ago? :unsure:

why would that make them inferior?

I was not sure what you guys were referring to. I thought the X200

chipset was fine. Your saying it's inferior?

the x200 is fine. it's the sb450 that sucks. that won't be fixed til april when the new sb600 comes out.