cheap pc or maybe even mac (shuddder)

lazarus

So my fiance uses my computer alot, and I use it alot too. But she only uses it for internet and word proc. The question is, how cheap can i get a computer to decently run these things? it has to come with a monitor too. Or should I fall into the dark side, sell my soul to the devil and buy a used mac?

So my fiance uses my computer alot, and I use it alot too. But she only uses it for internet and word proc. The question is, how cheap can i get a computer to decently run these things? it has to come with a monitor too. Or should I fall into the dark side, sell my soul to the devil and buy a used mac?

How competent are you with computers? I'm sure you could build a relatively low end pc that is able to handle browsing and word procs cheaper then the current $299 - $399 Dell Special.

If you ask nicely, I'm sure some of the guys around here in the GC community have older compenents lying around rotting away.. I know I do.. Maybe you could just offer to pay for shipping... just a suggestion.

(edited)

should i try to build this thing myself?

or go with a pre-made one?

ive looked on ebay and i think ive found a monitor:

click-o-rama

but nothing in my very small price range worth my time for the actual pc.

Edited by lazarus

I have my old system sitting here I still need to sell. Has everything including an old CRT monitor. What exact price range are you looking for with monitor included?