interested in playing ut again

used to be my fav game last year, until my buds in gpl got me into cs. i would like to start playing again, because my comp can run it. can anyone give me some tips on how to pwn in ut04? i used to be really good, beat everyone, and was #1 on servers. does gc play onslaught? that was my fav gametype. yeah, so anyways, help me out.

eph

(edited)

The GC UT2K4 guys usually are in Nepenthe playing ONS every evening. Most times, especially during peak, the skill level of players on Nep is very high. It's either learn fast or get smacked around. :) So jump in Nep and add all the GC you see to your buddy list in game.

My best tip is don't be predictable. No matter how good your reaction time and aim, a high level player can always take you out quick if for example you always fake left & double jump right.

Edited by HWarrior

Hope to see you around alot. Sounds like you really want to have fun with us. BTW---as for Bushwacks comment---MOO, I'm usually the one he sweeps up with that catcher :biglaugha: Pop in as often as possible and get hooked, that way when UT 2k7 comes out we have more players for the team. :luxhello::peace:

Watch out for the players that have gotten very good with shock combos. Never run after one of these people as they are waiting for you to enter the blast range of the initial shot. Now if I just paid attention to my own advice...

Cannon_Fodder

You mean when they shoot that ball with the secondary fire and shoot the ball with the primary fire, it explodes? I hate when that happens to me in the original UT and I can never pull it off either. :bang:

You mean when they shoot that ball with the secondary fire and shoot the ball with the primary fire, it explodes? I hate when that happens to me in the original UT and I can never pull it off either. :bang:

Yep. Primary fire does 45 damage along with knocking your opponent off balance. The combo (secondary shock ball exploded with primary) does up to 200 so unless they have armor or get far enough away... it's cya later.

ephemeral here ya go...

Fake left & double jump right = tap left then double tap right and hit jump.

Fake left & double jump right (Bushwack mod) = tap left and fire secondary shock, then double tap right and hit jump. While in mid-air shoot shock ball with primary shock. Dead enemy.

Fake left & double jump right (Wentz mod) = tap left then double tap right and hit jump. While in mid air LG your enemy then type :D in chat.

Fake left & double jump right (Bushwack mod) = tap left and fire secondary shock, then double tap right and hit jump. While in mid-air shoot shock ball with primary shock. Dead enemy.

Fake left & double jump right (Wentz mod) = tap left then double tap right and hit jump. While in mid air LG your enemy then type :D in chat.

:D thx warrior. i had a page printed out with all that info a while ago, and was pretty good...but that's a lost art to me now...

what does LG mean?

:D thx warrior. i had a page printed out with all that info a while ago, and was pretty good...but that's a lost art to me now...

what does LG mean?

LG = lightning gun is a hitscan weapon with 70 damage on body & upto 140 for head shots