The New |S-T| server topic....

Fatty

I dont wanna get full tilt into this...but if one or two people who feel the server spiking...it may just be...our current server spikes like a mofo...or so says the Slayer and some of the S-T guys, while the new server for me works like a charm even though im in canada! i ping better no loss or choke but all the guys in texas feel it...Slayer even says that about our server...but whats it about? the fact that you may have a predetermined bias towards slayer or maybe S-T? do you ban everyone who says they lag, or may be grammatically incorrect when trying to say they lag?

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sLaYEr
Guest sLaYEr
Guest sLaYEr
Guests

If its not about the server, then why did I get banned for saying lag. And btw... The reason you don't feel lag is because you probably use default netcode. Default netcode slows the game down, and isn't as packet instensive.

One more thing... Please don't target my clan... We didn't start the problems (ok, well we started 1, my bad) But that is over and done. I went in aliased so I could play without people I knew talking to me. And I happened to complain about lag. And you knew who I was because of wonid database on hlsw. I knew that because you spotted me last time I was aliased... If some random person would have said that you would have either A ignored it, or B pointed it out, or C kicked them. But because of my name, I got banned.

I'm not mad about being banned, I mad about the principal of the whole thing. I guess I should shut up now, before more gets added to my ban.

Wow fatty im glad you can talk to my like that..with all your power..i asked a simple question because to me it seems Slayer said something which he meant to have worded a different way and you banned him for it..and now im called a moron...isnt name calling against your policy?

The term belongs to a classification system no longer in use and is now considered offensive.

So yes it is an offensive word and im glad you follow your rules.

GC Founder

You asked me a question, I asked you a question.

It's one of those "ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer" situations.

You ask me a rediculous question, to which the answer is no, so I reply with a question that you would (hopefully) also answer no to.

Guest sLaYEr
Guest sLaYEr
Guest sLaYEr
Guests

/me refreshes the page frantically waiting for fatty to respond

oh...i sure hope you dont treat your students like this because a moron is defined as someone with a mental capacity from age 7-12...poor poor kids...

and remeber there are no stupid questions just stupid people..and i asked you a stupid question and you asked me a stupid question...so does that make us both stupid...i can live with that.

Couple things:

1) I apologize on behalf of my clan. I know that there have been several little "incidents" revolving around S-T. Some of our members have been...less than mature regarding these incidents. Therefore I apologize, and I hope that these type of occurences won't happen again (without the need of an administrative boot ;) )

2) While I understand that the way Slayer said what he said could be taken offensively, I also understand that he didn't quite mean it the way he said it. Regardless of what you think, I don't believe that he came into your server with the intent to be a pain. I know that we've all experienced lag at one point or another, and let's face it.... it's no fun. If it had been me in there, I probably would have said something like "argh lag." I hope that you would not ban me for saying that, because I was just playing in your server, having fun, trying to not cause trouble. "Argh lag" might not be as bad as "nice laggy server," and understand that, but I don't think Slayer meant anything more than "argh lag."

3) I don't think that this is about him saying the server is laggy though. I think that my clan has just become so abase in the eyes of the community that you want us out. Maybe not to that extent, but somewhere around there. If Slayer honestly didn't mean to cause trouble and be offensive in the way he said things, would you have still banned him? Also, honestly, would you rather us just not play on your servers anymore? I mean that completely unoffensively, it just seems like we're only causing problems...

Guest sLaYEr
Guest sLaYEr
Guest sLaYEr
Guests

I'm going to do something I normally wouldn't do. I'm going to be the bigger man. I'm not going to to talk trash, not going to personally insult fatty anymore. Instead, I'm going to ask that you NOT close this post, and leave it here for the community to see. I want them to make the decision, as to who's wrong, and who's right. If they choose to back you up, it's because you've been the "leader" of this community for some time. If they back me up, because of how much of a jerk I've been, its because you were truely wrong.

Let the people decide, this isn't a dictatorship.

Also, you seemed to make it clear that my clan was trying to talk you out of my banning. You have to understand the way we work. We back each other up, in the real world, AND in cs. I've backed up my members from day 1, and when something happens to me, I know they have my back, as you can see. I'm willing to bet that had you not known I was in st, you wouldn't have banned me. But maybe we brought it upon our selves, for being "jerks" We've apologized for our wrong doing, and ceased, until something else happens.

I'm tired of thinking, so I'll leave it at that. I'm sure another post will come, making another low blow. But I'm in a calm mood, I wont talk trash, though I want to.

Guest Mossad
Guest Mossad
Guest Mossad
Guests

fatty you also missed my point....I wasn't defending him. Also I wasn't there and didn't see the context of his comments, and if it warranted a ban or not. I was just trying to diagnose the server problem.

And don't tell me you've never seen it happen. I play there 1/10'th of the time you do. And I've constantly watched the entire server spike to 150 for a couple seconds.

Again, not trying to be an donkey or argumentative. Just saying that server does have a tendancy to spike. :unsure:

Things SEEMED to be getting along just fine after that big mess we had but apparently that isnt the case. I myself, am also not one to complain or point fingers but if the shoe fits then by god you'll wear it. Being a part of S-T gives me a bit of a biased take on these conflicts but I mean come on was a ban really necessary? If anything why not a temporary ban? This just seems like something being taken a little overboard here, but then again who am I to say.

One last thing here. If this is some personal grudge that you or the community has towards S-T, then by all means just be an adult and tell us that you dont want us around. I'm a grown man I know I can take it. Hell if you want to why not just ban us all? If you'd like some help here's my wonid 1508093. I'm not saying this in any sort of condescending or sarcastic tone. I'm being completely serious here. If this ISNT what you want, then it's time to grow up and let by gone's be by gones.

GC Founder

Welp, not sure what to say about the lag, cause if it were laggy, why would we continue to use it?

What is the argument here, anyways?

Justin - the ban is temporary. Who are you? Wouldn't you see it strange for someone you don't know in the least to come to you and say "time to grow up?" You talk out of both sides of your mouth, saying let's let this go, but here's my wonid (as if you don't care). You'll back your statement up that you don't care, so because in one sentence you say you're not being sarcastic right after you offer your wonid and say it means nothing to you, then I'll take you up on that.

Moss - I've seen the spikes here and there, but it's nothing that harms gameplay is it? Does it make it a "nice laggy server?" The point had exactly nothing to do with the server, even if it wasn't lagging or was is not the point. The point is about attitude. It's about consideration, and choice of words. The EXACT reason that you rub everyone the wrong way when you talk with them or play against them....your choice of words.

Slayer - You're darn right it's because you're in ST. I stated that from the onset. In fact, that's why this has been lumped into THIS topic. It's not that hard of an issue to understand.

Can we take a step back and look at this again?

You advertise in our forums for your server.

You diss our server when you come in. (is this where we're stuck? are we really going to argue that: Nice Laggy Server is not a diss?)

I had talked to Mini a bit about this, and he even said perhaps 10 days was too long. So I was coming back after gaming tonight to hang it all up. But now that you're the bigger man, and all your friends are here and we're going to involve the community, let's do it.

Now, I won't speak for Mmmm, I'll speak for me. Many of S-T are like the trash of the community and sadly, it does reflect on everyone. So, you are brothers, you back each other up? Well, then deal with your reputation as the trashtalking, "we don't cheat we're just better than you" egotistical players that you have.

Do I want you guys around? No, not really at all. Why? Cause you cause nothing but problems. When S-T comes around, it brings the ghetto with it. Sorry, but by association and backing the brotha up, all S-T get tagged with this.

You tell me one positive thing S-T has brought to this community. Name it. You're on the fringe. You're a dent. Each S-T is probably a way better CS player than I am, we can dismiss that right now, cause it's not even an issue. In fact, when I watch and listen to interactions between S-T and others in the community, how much of a scar to the fringe of our community you are really stands out.

Then we arrive at the other mystery that Slayer himself brought up. Why not play at the other 6 trillion servers out there? Why care?

This thread was changed because we needed to be civil. But the truth of the matter is that everyone who flamed you guys was right on the money. You are negative of nature, with your heads up each other's brotherly love, and I would personally prefer you to stay away. I will not enforce that, however, as I can't speak for all of Mmmm nor the community. Will I ban an S-T more quickly than someone else just because he's an S-T? You bet I will.

Now, after I got you all fired up by that, I will do what I came in here to do in the first place. I'll reduce Slayer's ban back to the original day that it was. Heck, forget it. Let's unban him altogether, because after having said what I really wanted to say, Slayer's banning is nothing.

So, let's sum it up. A couple of the S-T have asked me straight out, and I've answered: I can't stand your group or the influence or feeling that they bring to our community.

Lets see if we can sum this up in one post...

1. Started out...

don't use our forums to flame them
Apparently Mmmm doesn't want their forums used to flame S-T. Advertize? Sure. Flame? No ..... understandable

2. Then....

Slayer comes into Pr0d under alias and says: Nice laggy server.

and so we have this long thread of what IMHO is complete and total BS! So I'd thought I'd add my 2 logs....

First off you didn't get banned b/c of what you did in one instance. Fact is your clan has a reputation for causing trouble and being a bit, lets say raw. So you come into a server, say a smart comment, and the result is you get a short ban. More like a slap on the wrist that says, "I'm/We're not going to put up w/ smartass comments or attitude problems here." Unfortunately it had to be made into a big deal. So here's what I say...

Slayer, you were the smartass, not fat. Take your punishment and shut it.

For the rest of S-T, if you want to be a part of this community then alright by me, but this community is unlike any other. We come here for friendly competition and a good time, not to hear the trash talk and constant bs that tends to take up resedence on other servers outside of this community.

For the rest of the community, I will always backup Fat 110%. Sure he's an donkey sometimes, but many times that is what it takes to get a point across and maintain the peace. In this case there was an entity that threatened that peace and he took affirmative action. I say go fat...another one bites the dust. GG

Guest The Hurricane
Guest The Hurricane
Guest The Hurricane
Guests

me thinks |S-T| just likes being the center of attention... :ph34r:

please re-read homer's post above... :lol:

gnite... and just ask yourself this... does it REALLY matter? <_<

Ok let me clarify myself fatty. What I meant by saying let by gone's be by gone's was directed toward the issue's you have with slayer. That particular statement wasnt directed at the animosity that seems to be present towards S-T. Now as far as me giving my wonid; That wasnt intended to be sarcastic. Again I'll clarify myself and tell you why I did that. If you(and the community) have such a problem with S-T, then why not just get rid of us rather than having to deal with it in this sort of manner? Is it in my wishes to be banned from your servers? Absolutely not. I've played there several times and I've never had problems and found myself to have quite a bit of fun. But like I said, if it will help resolve this issue easier then by all means go right ahead. There's no use in beating around the bush. I will ALWAYS be up front with any person and I would only appreciate the same back.

Now you are correct you do not know being that I'm fairly new to S-T only being a part of it for a couple of months now. Aside from this drama taking place with my clan and me only trying to support them as best I can, I'm also trying to offer help in quick resolve because it's what I do for a living. While I may not be as old as some of you(not an insult in any way), I'm VERY experienced and wise in what I do, therfore I thought I might try and help dissolve some of this bickering, or end it all together.

Lastly, I dont cause problems. I dont cause arguements. It's just not my nature to act in this manner. The only reason I feel the need to make this statement is due to the fact that some of you might not take what I've said seriously. If you need validation, you can ask any of the community members that DO know me or you can reach me on AIM @ Kaboneriffic.

Thanks,

Justin aka SoulSauce

Guest sLaYEr
Guest sLaYEr
Guest sLaYEr
Guests

Just ban us all

and no, I don't want to be the center of attention, I just wanted respect, but thats impossible with hypocrites (ok, well 1 hypocrite)

"Qester" (WonID: 3493543)

"sLaYEr" (WonID: 813033)

"Domesticus" (WonID: 1061700)

"TeKNiK" (WonID: 1461437)

"SuperJo" (WonID: 2095943)

"Nex7" (WonID: 101705)

"InterCity Boost" (WonID: 98588)

"CiRyX" (WonID: 3298718)

"Wild" (WonID: 2875273)

"AlphaTeam" (WonID: 135854)

"D_o_D" (WonID: 2258045)

"Sandstorm" (WonID: 935562)

"SoulSauce/Justin" (WonID: 1508093)

"Acid Burn" (WonID: 1566909)

Guest sLaYEr
Guest sLaYEr
Guest sLaYEr
Guests

Sorry, I left out beer and greenspan, I'll get you their wonids too

Guest sLaYEr
Guest sLaYEr
Guest sLaYEr
Guests

Bye to all of the community who gave a crap. And bye to fatty. Just wanted to say you were wrong for banning me for saying lag. Ooooh, just got banned from the forums too.

Just wanted to say sianara, and I'd still like to scrim everybody, especially you fatty.

Sorry for being a jerk about being banned for saying lag... that is, if its unreasonable to ban someone for saying lag. Whatever, it doesn't matter, I'm tired of fighting some lame banning, or some lame trash talk.

Sorry to all of the community to like me, or who I liked, because of my false wrongdoing. Give fatty a nice warm thanks for banning be for "dissing his server under an alias." gg (note : you don't say gg until the end)

Therfore, its the end.

Bye