What are the official rules?

it3llig3nc3

Dear Organizers,

Maybe you can slap me in my face as what I'm asking for is written up in some posts... However.

I would like to see and "official" collection of all rules related to this tournament including:

- playing teams - who is a sub? in a team

- how many rounds, winning criterias

- do we use a "CAL" config or something different?

Also I would like to see some transparency and clarity on the team members: e.g. request the SteamIDs to make sure every nick has the same person behind it for the entire tournament and stuff like that...

I hope what I ask is not too much...

Thx...

Wayfarer is the man to ask, but from what I've gathered from last years MCC and posts in the forums:

15 rounds on each team. I'm unsure about overrtime, or whether you just get points for a draw- someone else will help you out there.

Subs - this will be for each team to decide. It depends on who is avaliable for each match, there is no such thing as a 'sub', its just a case of who can play and who can't play. If there are more than 5 members that can play in one match, then it will just be a case of one or two members sitting out the match, and then next match different members sit out.

There will be some type of config. Last year it was just the cal config renamed. I'm sure this years cfg will follow along the lines of the cal cfg.

As for team members and steamIDs, I'm unsure whether this years competition will be bothering about scrutinising whos playing and whos in the team. This is not a super competitive tournament like Cal, hence the reason why you can only enter yourself, and not a team. MCC operates around a friendly family/community atmosphere, so its unlikely that any team is going to bring in other players to try and make their team better.

Once again, I'm not the one to say the rules, but hopefully that can point you in the correct direction.

We will be using official TWL/CAL setup. 15 rounds as Terrorists, 15

rounds as Counter-Terrorists. Each team has 7 players. None are considered

"subs" you go with the 5 that are best available for match times. This

is for fun and everyone should be played. All players must participate a

minimum of 1/2 match (15 rounds).

As for a point system, I believe it will

be 1 point for win no points for loss, or tie. Your teams K/D ratio will

determine any tie breakers. You will have to take a screenshot at the end

of each match to show your entire score. I'm going to double check this point

thing though. Pretty sure thats how it worked last year.

*EDIT* We will not be checking steam ID's. This is a freindly

tournament, and pretty much everyone knows everyone here.

If you do not know someone, chances are at least 1 or 2 other

people on your team does.

I like the direction that every player who shows up for match will be able to play at least 15 rounds...

Only 5 players play. It's best if you guys decide beforehand who plays, just

rotate to ensure equal play time. The reason why there's 7 players per team is

because it's sometimes difficult to get everyone to agree on a time. This way

you only need to get 5 of the 7 to agree. The other 2 should be around in case of no-shows.

Couple of MCC rules from the past.

-Sportsmanship was mentioned.-

MCC is for fun. It is not a supercompetitive league. Teams have always been required to play out a whole match, no matter what the score. In the pasts teams have been penalized if a player dropped early, etc.

Steam ids have never been required as this is a friendly league that follows the guidelines of GC. Let it be known that even though this is a competition, all of the same rules that apply in GC pubs also apply in MCC matches, no ifs, ands, or buts.

Tie breakers have been handled differently in the past. We should decide before this thing kicks off. It has either been a 5 round OT or there have been ties allowed for individual matches. If at the end of the season there is a tie in records, total round wins has been the tie breaker.

My suggestion if you want to go the points route. 2 for win, 1 for tie, 0 for loss. Total rounds won for tiebreaker.

Alright! We will be keeping score on your;

1. wins

2. losses

3. rounds for

4. rounds against

win = 2 pts

loss = 0 pts

There will be no ties! If a match ends up tied 15-15 there will be a sudden death

5 rounds staying on the side you finished. Done deal!