V for vendetta

werD

*******MAYBE SPOILER???*************

i loved the ending, the classical music they put with the explosions was awsome it just gave me this rush as the explosions went off as the camera panned down the side of the building.

i have heard that the controling government was a christian based/dictatorship role.

is this true? i don't like movies that try to shove political ideas in my face (Fahrenheit 911)

It is, but I don't know that they shove the idea in your face like Fahrenheit did. You can see the movie in either light of just a good show of a corrupt government, or as a political statement. That being said, I think it was a good movie on either view.

i have heard that the controling government was a christian based/dictatorship role.

is this true? i don't like movies that try to shove political ideas in my face (Fahrenheit 911)

It is, but I don't know that they shove the idea in your face like Fahrenheit did. You can see the movie in either light of just a good show of a corrupt government, or as a political statement. That being said, I think it was a good movie on either view.

sweet! thanks.

i heard that it shoves it in your face, but that was from a mother. hmmmmm should have known better

I agree though...don't like political movies. Would you say that this is one of the best movies showing right now? Haven't gone to a movie since Firewall with Harrison Ford.

Well, let's see:

We have explosions, a matrix like fight scene(s), a very nice looking gal..... mmmmm... yeah... I have to say it is the best movie out right now.

******************SLIGHT SPOILER********************

For me the film was totally ruined by the fact that at the end when the doors shut on the train carrying the bomb - there was no noise saying "Please stand well clear of the closing doors", or "Please mind the gap".

But I loved the fact that Britian was a super power and the americans were in trouble :D:biglaugha:

Good film, but a stupid ending - I think the army guys would have worked out that there was a deserted tube line under the houses of parliament. It was so obvious that it was going to be on a underground train etc etc....

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

is this true? i dont like movies that try to shove political ideas in my face (fahrenheit 911)

F911 was a documentary, VFV is a movie. Ignore it and enjoy the movie. :D

F911 was as much a documentary as "Gone with the Wind" was a sci/fi horror flick.

As for this movie, I am unsure about seeing it. I really dislike the movies that claim to be one thing and end up being a huge political statement. There is a reason that "Day after Tomorrow" stank worse Lunk's feet.

On another note, some people see a political statement where there really isn't one. I have seen movies that people cried about being some left wing propoganda yet I never did see that in the movie and liked it (Matrix 2 for example). So.... I do not know.

(edited)

yea its political but i think its more of a youll take it as your mind wants it, i could care less of the political message in it, i just thought it was a good movie. i mean i could see that happening to a country but i think if we wanna talk about that aspect of the movie it should be in a different thread and forum maybe. cuz i can see where this will go if it continues down the path its going.

p.s. dont get me started on what i think the matrix trilogy was really about......

Edited by Dennis

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests
(edited)

Actually Denis, I would love to know your thoughts on the Matrix movies. Post up, in a new thread if needed, and let me know.

Edited by zerodamage

eh well i know this wont go over well with people but i can see why people would relate it to things in the bible...... i would like to think what u know before i go deeper with this. if you do then we can start another thread on this.

if you believe there is a political statement (about america) in this movie other than "The government should be afraid of its people, not its people afraid of the gov't" or watever that quote was

the movie was supposedly about sum british prime minister in the 1980s...nothing to do with bush

SPOILER ALERT

But with the fake/on purpose release of the virus by the gov't which allowed them to take action which would be not allowed under normal circumstances....i can see why this hits home with american conseratives!!