The Geek's project

TheGeek

(edited)

I just replaced my heater core. It took 8 hours, 3 days, neglected homework, and 74 dollars.

I have tons of cuts on my hands from sharp pieces underneath my car, and when I took off the radiator hose the coolent flushed out all of my brand new cuts. How nice of my car..... Im not proud to admit, but I know a lot more curse words then I thought I did.

car1small5ka.jpg

car2small2pv.jpg

Edited by {GpL}TheGeek998

i know how that feels, a week or so ago i had to replace my brothers water pump and thermostat in his nissan. They do NOT make them easy to get to. Coolant on alot of cuts myself too.

And here here to the 8.15 in the bank, ill have 3 or 4 tomarrow after car insurance does its monthly deduction. Makes me wonder how im ever going to get my dirtbike engine back together and running. I bought the piston last june, and im finally now starting to work on it. I need a new camchain i realised today, and its $49 :(

Fear my 1990 Suzuki DR350....

(edited)
what's all of the stuff on the lfoor od the driver's side???

i forgot to take the car jack out of the pic. and the other 2 things are the braces, so the car doesnt come crashing down on me when the jack gives out. Which usually happens because i was doing it all on my gravel driveway.

wut car is it?

its a 1993 Pontiac Grand Am GT

with the 3.3 V6

with that engine there is NO room to get your hand in there. so i had to pry my hand this way and that, thus, the cuts.

here is a pic

carsidewayssmall9ne.jpg

Edited by {GpL}TheGeek998

I had a 93 GA. There's a removable plate on the firewall for easy access to the heater core. That should've been a 30 minute change. Sorry that you went in from the wrong side...

jk. :biglaugha:

(edited)
I had a 93 GA. There's a removable plate on the firewall for easy access to the heater core. That should've been a 30 minute change. Sorry that you went in from the wrong side...

aww, you should have left out the "jk" so geek would pull his hair out when he read this lol

btw geek, isnt your sig too big?

"Shall be no more than 8 lines of normal sized text."

Edited by discombobulated

awwwww

now i have to change it.

so im guessing that people are laughing because i got coolent in fresh cuts........ it wasnt funny at the time and its not funny now, my finger is swelling.

actually it is kinda funny. :lol2:

awwwww

now i have to change it.

so im guessing that people are laughing because i got coolent in fresh cuts........ it wasnt funny at the time and its not funny now, my finger is swelling.

actually it is kinda funny. :lol2:

It would be even funnier if you tried to go bowling...

I had a 94 grand am. Unfortunately there were several years, including the ones you and I had, that had leaky cores. There was a recall on them. You may have done work for nothing. Also the new one you put in is also prone to leaking just like mine did (yes I went thru that madness twice). Its actually easier if you take most of the dashboard apart and off. It takes longer but itll save your fingers next time. :D

I had a 94 grand am. Unfortunately there were several years, including the ones you and I had, that had leaky cores. There was a recall on them. You may have done work for nothing. Also the new one you put in is also prone to leaking just like mine did (yes I went thru that madness twice). Its actually easier if you take most of the dashboard apart and off. It takes longer but itll save your fingers next time. :D

the car has 256,000 miles on it. im pritty sure i wont have to replace it again.