9500 pro tweaks

NOFX

aight...got my card today, and i got 11,000 on the 3mark which is almost double my geforcemx card. Anyway, when I run BF1942, im gettin the same fps as I was gettin with my geforce4mx around 50-60. I am a noob to ati, Can someone hook me up with some tweaks I need to do to get it running top notch? any help is appreciated. thanks

I had the same thing, NOFX. I figured with all that horsepower I could raise my res. to 1024 with no loss at all. Wrong.

The thing that killed it was AA. At least I reduced AA and AF and moved everything to performance and it was MUCH better. What I would like to know is how to disable AA and AF. The lowest setting it would go to was 2x.

The only game I have played with it is CS and I didnt notice a massive difference. Well not as much as I thought. Im a steady 100 with about 70 in smoke so Im happy with it. Just was expecting more.

with my Geforce2 TI I had 60fps in CS.......always.......I had 60fps staring at a wall....shooting someone........walking through smoke......always 60fps (and that was with my max fps at 100)

with my Radeon I get 70 - 100 fps with my max fps set to 200.......................................I'm REALLY regretting buying this card.......sure it'll help me when the new games that use it's hardware come out........but when they come out it'll be half the price it is now.................

I'm kicking myself alot now................just to return the card to newegg.com I'd lose $100..............so it's not worth returning and it DEFINATLY wasnt' worth buying............................

pwned

:(

um...to get 100 fps with your Geforce you just had to turn vsync off......

ok, well get this......noone is around me my fps is 100, but when the card has to start drawing models (or other players) my fps drops alot. I dunno what to do, im thinking about sending it back

man ive tried everything, i have every possible thing turned off or toward performance and it still acts the same. I even noticed some artifacts sometimes....It performs alot higher on 3dmark, but in the actual game, its really crappy....i was locked on 100 with a Geforce4 MX. with this 50's....Im gonna see what they can give me if its defective, either a 9700 non pro, or a ti 4200 probably, or maybe i can get a 9500 that works

yep, i already gotta rma, i see artifacts in the corner of this text box everynow and then so you know somethings gotta be wrong. Now you guys can fear my leet 8 meg vid card for 3 weeks!

Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guests

Did you guys do a fresh install of windows? If not, then you will have those problems. I had to reinstall windows when I went from my GF2 to my ATI 8500 card. You can NEVER get all of Nvidia's registry stuff out, you need to reinstall and that will fix the problem. Also, upgrade to DX9 and get the latest catalyst 3.1 drivers and make sure you install the DRIVER BEFORE you install the control panel.

yeah.......last time I formatted I found out my XP cd had gotten smudged and I hadn't burned a copy of it yet.........argh........so I'm running Win2k Pro now.........til I get a copy of XP again..........

speaking of XP......Rev..........I'm REALLY sorry.........I SWEAR it's coming......I can't EVER get ahold of the guy but he's had it sitting in his house for a month now..........

ok.....about the software piracy, my bad, didnt know we couldnt talk about that kinda stuff here. It would be faster for you to download off kazza anyway....

Back to the vid card, im gettin a full refund for it! woot

Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guests

I am going to give you all the chance to edit your own posts and remove the warez and piracy stuff. You have until I get home tonight.

• 3 weeks later...