Hardware Graveyard

EbilDustBunny

I thought it'd be fun to start a thread to post up our dead hardware stuffs... dead laptops, computers, powersupplies, cellphone, any electronic unit that you really hated or loved... LOL get your closure here. Even though they aren't real living things... it's been there for you... or should of. Well I'm getting my last words in...

--------------

--------------

Dynex DX-DVDRW16

Well... I hate to admit it but my CD/DVD drive is dead. How, when, and why? I'm not sure... I tried everything... like 2 hours of searching and no go. Started out as a simple missing nforce4 drive to a drivers loaded where's the hardware deal... it still hung on and showed up in the BIOS but it's off to the metalic boneyard in the sky.

Bye bye... I'll miss how cool you look when you opened up your little tray.

:puppy_dog_eyes:

*turn around*

At least it is still under the 1 year MFG.

:smillie_smilling:

Ahh, old equipment. My trusty Tandy X80 bit the dust long ago. How I miss the wonders of an expansive 16K in which you could peek and poke stuff to your hearts content. NOT!!!!!

I can't even think where to begin with broken stuff.

19x PC-Chips motherboards - You helped a poor high school kid waste his money

Aspire PSU - See above

4x Motorola i95cl - You were the brickiest phone ever. I should have killed someone with you

XX 17" crt monitor - cry.

Yeah. I can't think of any more right now.

I have a Sharp PC-5000 (I think it's name is) that's sitting mouldering away in my closet. 16 line black&white LCD (no backlighting), with a really nice keyboard, about 16 kbytes of RAM, top-of-the-line '286 CPU, and only weighs about 10 lb. It runs DOS 2.1 off bubble-memory cartridges, with SoftWrite, Softcalc, and SoftComm. Still works, too! I also have the optional 5.25 dual floppy drive unit for it. I didn't get the integrated thermal printer for it, though.

Alas, for the "coolest hardware I ever loved passionately", I have an Astro-Physics 6" Apochromatic F8 Refracting Telescope with two-inch eyepiece adaptor, oak tripod, german equatorial head... and a shocked astigmatic objective lens. This thing could beat out 10" reflectors due to it's unmatched contrast and image sharpness. It's precursor to this Starfire Apochromatic Refractor.

I miss this terribly. The sort of optics place that could fix my problem would be a place that maybe Johnny Carson or Bill Gates could afford, but not me.

Edited by Goofus Maximus

1) Dell inspiron 8000 mobo

2) Dell insprion batteries

2) Dell inspiron power converters

1) HP cd/rw (external, like 6 years old)

2) craptastic generic 120 mm fans

countless CD's and DVD's

1) 17" toshiba CRT monitor

hmmm...lucky so far...

I replaced all the laptop stuff for my wife to use on school work...None of my main boxes have broken parts...