Team Balance is Bliss

This really should just be called the map extender.

Can't even have a mini-rivalry with someone when they get swapped to your team. Can't organize when you don't know who will be there next round. Can't team up with anyone really as you may be on teams very briefly.

I don't get it. If an admin's present, why should this even run? May just be my perspective, but it seems to have killed discharge tonite.

I'm losing the team aspect with all the defectors.

The PTBx team balancer you know and love is not only reinstalled on the West server, but is now active in the Discharge server.

- enjoy

-Laz

I thought you hated ptbx?

Just as an example of what happened just now:

I joined Discharge. There were 3 players there. I joined Ts as that was the 1 man team. I get told I was autoed to T by ptbx. Ts were up 5-2 i think. I play a couple rounds. My teammate explodes with the bomb at spawn and is put on CT. I win, suddenly I'm on CT with one fellow cohort. 3 total players by this time. Next round, I'm alone. 8-5 Ts. I'm having to kill 2 Ts now.

I was 8-1 I believe and just annoyed at the inconsistency.

I'm just not liking this plugin.

Personally I'm glad it's back. It's not as good as having an admin maintain teams, but there isn't always one available. Overall I think it improves the gameplay.

Yeah, I agree. Also, in my experience, I don't see admins monitoring teams much, other than switching over themselves. I think PTBx is a necessary evil. Only thing that annoys me is when I try to join a certain team, and it autos me to the other team. I was trying to go ct on italy today, and it put me on t. Other than that, I'm a fan.

ps- you have to die for ptbx to switch you...so just stay alive!

pps- GO BULLS

To straighten this a lil.

I whined and cried and beat the desktop trying to get rid of ptbx in west for a loooonnnggg time.

To no avail.

Why? Cuz john-Q-player would rather get switched, then get pwned 10-0.

I dont like that thought. I prefer it otherwise. Ive said things like "John, If I get switched a FOURTH time, Im gonna nuke this server"....

BUT, Im not the only single player there. Team balancing helps.

*shrug*

Daggone liberal mindset ...john-q-player...

*ehem*

you mean john and/or jane and/or their life partner?

Slaps SJ with dead fish. <runs and hides> :blink: