am i the only one who saw the problem?

(edited)

playing on italy, map just started, i was CT. kookie was on my team. we were down 0/2 teams were 7/7. i died, no biggie. ecko tells Kookie to go T, it wasnt a trade, it was just for her to switch teams...

now teams are 8/6. we won that last round, but still. at the time of it we had 0 wins, and were working with pistols against a team that had two wins under its belt. and a trade like that happened. I called attention to it, and caught some flak... Hives and ecko were both T, and i think they should have known better, but for the next two rounds CT's were losing, at 8/6 and the only answer i got was from kookie herself saying "monthos its only a game".

Yes its only a game, but its designed to try to be fair, and a game thats supposed to be fun. I have seen people force switched, and even kicked for that same action, yet when i drew attention i was basically told to shut up, jusding from the reaction. I like you hives and ecko, but that the heck was that, its hard enouph as CT on italy, without trying to deal with teamstacks...

yes my rants over now, i needed to vent, this agrivated me enouph i had to quit the game. see you guys tomorrow.

Edited by monthos

I'm sure there's a reason why they wanted Kookie to join T, and it probably was not because they wanted to make the teams uneven. This is not exactly like asking Vovik to join a team that's already winning.

I should also restate my opinion that on cs_italy, on Mayhem, the CTs do tend to win more anyway.

I'm sure there's a reason why they wanted Kookie to join T, and it probably was not because they wanted to make the teams uneven. This is not exactly like asking Vovik to join a team that's already winning.

I should also restate my opinion that on cs_italy, on Mayhem, the CTs do tend to win more anyway.

i disagree with you completely no reason for the winning side to get more people and make the teams unfair.

I apologize for that rant, but not for the content inside of it. ecko wanted kookie to be on his team, becouse for the few maps before that, he kept asking her to be on his team. Thats no biggie, i try to get on the same teams as blah and mf-d00m alot as well. Not to mention my brother adumbpolock who apparently found his name wasnt gc friendly. But thats drifting from the point :P

The difference was that i always asked someone else to switch with me, or waited for the teams to allow for a switch. I never allowed two rounds of mayhem to go by just assuming autoswitch would give a player of worth. In any case, i consider the matter closed. I needed to vent my frustrations last night and i did, and maybe from doing so, a situation like this wont happen again.

Good job in putting the rant/vent in the forums rather than on the server. Your best bet is to draw their (offending players) attention to this thread or discuss it with them in PMs. If you get told to shut up again, draw their attention to the motd (tell them to type motd in chat) and read the rules. If problems still arise then ask an admin for help.

But this is only one example. I went on a uk server and tried to tidy up a 40man server of team stackers by collecting evidence of repeating offenders and trying to get them told off. Most of the time people are unaware of what they are doing, or aren't doing it enough to have action taken against them.

Well, if teams are ever stacked again, there are 5 other gc servers to choose from ;)

No offense to kookie or anything, and I'm sorry you felt that way monthos, but having kookie switch teams actually puts the odds in the other teams favor. Having her is like having a handicap =) When she first started playing about a couple months ago, I was very annoyed at her for tking me all the time. After the teams evened out, we ended up losing that map. I'm sorry that you got upset though monthos, never thought I'd see ya angry =P

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

regardless of skill, I believe monthos is trying to make the point that you should never ask a player to swith without doing an even swap... ask one of your team to switch with her... There really is no reason to pull someone from one team to the other and leave the teams uneven, when they were even to start with.

Even if skill level isn't a factor here (Hives said it first *smile*)... she is an additional body on the team which in this game does give an advantage... MEAT SHIELD FTW!! 8)

Edited by benjester

(edited)
playing on italy, map just started, i was CT. kookie was on my team. we were down 0/2 teams were 7/7. i died, no biggie. ecko tells Kookie to go T, it wasnt a trade, it was just for her to switch teams...

now teams are 8/6. we won that last round, but still. at the time of it we had 0 wins, and were working with pistols against a team that had two wins under its belt. and a trade like that happened. I called attention to it, and caught some flak... Hives and ecko were both T, and i think they should have known better, but for the next two rounds CT's were losing, at 8/6 and the only answer i got was from kookie herself saying "monthos its only a game".

So wait, the Ct's were loosing like 0 to 4 and the T's had more players?

If this is the case, then yea im sure someone would've switched eventually. One big thing you gotta remember monthos is the teams are never static in a pub like this - One moment the teams could be really unsided one way, and the next round 2 of the top players switch and the ballgame takes a flip-flop.

It's really hard to get a great balance going, especially with the mulitple skill levels and one-sided maps, and i also think people tend to make bad calls - i do it all the time because i dont check the teams all that often, ill die to vovik or something and immediately start typing 'this is not fair - we have no chance - someone needs to come T' as an example, but someone just did, or was planning to, and now i've got the attention of the server and someone ELSE switches.. and now the CT's are underpowered.

I guess my real point here is that teams will rapidly change over the course of a single game all in the name of balance. some of these changes are bad, some of these changes are good.. Everyone is going to make a poor call once in awhile and if im reading your blurb text correctly, it seems like that was the case. So yea, i agree with you.. but i bet within a few rounds someone else swapped and fixed the problem. If not, just gotta deal with the bum map and kill every enemy you can and wait for the rotation, it happens a lot, you gotta expect the unbalance every once in awhile, especially when you have the really good players like Vovik on.

.. Does this make sense?

Oh, and hives, having another player is NEVER a handicap, especially with the strict anti-tk rules going on, i think most players could agree on that. especially for the rush tactics that are heavily present on the Scopeless server.

Edited by k-wix