de_contra and compound

Guest ash-

Guest ash-
Guest ash-
Guest ash-
Guests

I love these maps but it seems that the server always loses quite a few players when they see them pop up! What's going on?

Problem with contra is the same as many other customs...lots of pubbers aren't familiar with it, so they leave. Just try to call out strats and help people get familiar with the map, we've been having some success with it on west.

As far as compound goes, I think the general consensus is the same as it is for port...many people consider it an "awp-fest." I enjoy compound and port, but a good deal of players don't enjoy the maps that consist mostly of long-range shootouts. Can't really do a whole lot about that, people's preferences are their preferences. I think a good 60-70% of the CSS community sticks to DODA.

Problem with contra is the same as many other customs...lots of pubbers aren't familiar with it, so they leave. Just try to call out strats and help people get familiar with the map, we've been having some success with it on west.

As far as compound goes, I think the general consensus is the same as it is for port...many people consider it an "awp-fest." I enjoy compound and port, but a good deal of players don't enjoy the maps that consist mostly of long-range shootouts. Can't really do a whole lot about that, people's preferences are their preferences. I think a good 60-70% of the CSS community sticks to DODA.

DODA?

SiX
(edited)

i hate contra, even though i know the layout, its to complicated and has to much going on for a quality map, I VOTE TO KILL IT yarr! and a compound rules

Edited by SiX

i hate contra, even though i know the layout, its to complicated and has to much going on for a quality map, I VOTE TO KILL IT yarr! and a compound rules
you sir are insane.

if i had a stats class, my final project would be a scatter plot expressing the correlation between compound and its drastic (negative) impact on player count. it's ugly.

you sir are insane.

if i had a stats class, my final project would be a scatter plot expressing the correlation between compound and its drastic (negative) impact on player count. it's ugly.

sj is just bitter because i rule <3 :freak::hug::boing::freak3::peace::unsure:

• 3 weeks later...