mouse trouble

Sid

I had a problem 8 or so months ago, mouse would run fine then freeze up for 2-3 seconds before returning to normal, thought I was going to have to send the mouse back.

It turned out that the new Razer Diamondback I'd bought didn't like the USB ports on my old Mobo (they were only USB 1), at the time I bought a PCI USB 2 card and have since upgraded my PC and that solved the problem, but I was told that even with USB 2, if the port itself is having intermittent problems (dieing) it would have the same effect.

Buy a $5 mouse and see if it freezes to rule out the mouse itself. Then try different ports on your board if it is USB to see if that fixes it. If it is a PS2 mouse try a USB mouse. If you run through all of that stuff it could be a problem with windows which reimaging could rule out. Do you still have functionality with the windows key or keyboard while the mouse isn't working or is the computer completely freezing? If it is completely freezing there is probably some larger issue.

I have problems like that on my family computer, during cs the mouse will just stop working for about a second, and then will be fine for a bit before freezing up again. Does you problem come and go randomly like mine does, because some weeks it works fine and other weeks it plays up. Its been like that for nearly a year as I have no cure

Sid

yeah that's exactly how mine is but it just started doing this and I haven't changed any hardware or anything so I think I am going to trade out the mouse to see if it is that.

Is this only in CS:S, or have you tried other games? Or is it even in a game at all? There have been updates to CS:S lately that may have started it for you.

I've had this issue 2 times in windows, and once in linux. Drivers were the cause for the one in windows and the linux one.

Strangely enough, the third one was fixed by using a different video driver. This was back when I used a Ti4200, updated the drivers and it went away.

Sid

Sorry guys, been gone all weekend. Mr. X, now that you mention it, it really only seems to be freezing in CS. But I could be wrong, maybe just haven't noticed it in windows but could very well be freezing there as well.

My mouse keeps freezing. Any thoughts? I need help.

Id say buy a new mouse maybe.

My mouse is a piece of work also. It doesnt freeze, but it often will just move by itself. The only reason I havent gotten a new mouse yet is because I dont like the feel of any of the new mice out today.

Sid

sorry to keep you guys hanging on this topic but I have been working alot lately plus 2 jobs so it's been crazy. I do however have some updates. So I grabbed my girlfriends mini usp laptop mouse just to test if it works and it did, no freezing. So it is determined that it is the mouse that is at fault. However, another interesting fact i stumbled on. My dad had a spare ps2 port mouse lying around and I tried to use that but it didn't work. Only usb mouses will work for some reason. Oh well at least I can play now.

Are you running a Logitech 5xx to 518 series?

I had mouse probs with a 510 where it would loose it's config midgame. After researching it, I discovered that sometimes you have multiple mouse driver setups and CS can't differentiate them all. I think the command is along the lines of -noforcempar, or something like that. Check the steam forums for the specifics.

I ended up running the logitech 510 without the logitech driver (just the PS2 driver). I lost some configuration abilities but at least I could play. Later I upgraded to a 518 and that resolved the prob.

I had a problem 8 or so months ago, mouse would run fine then freeze up for 2-3 seconds before returning to normal, thought I was going to have to send the mouse back.

It turned out that the new Razer Diamondback I'd bought didn't like the USB ports on my old Mobo (they were only USB 1), at the time I bought a PCI USB 2 card and have since upgraded my PC and that solved the problem, but I was told that even with USB 2, if the port itself is having intermittent problems (dieing) it would have the same effect.

mine didnt like USB either... so i used the ps2 converter..

NuT- :smiling2::smiling2: