The cost of living

EbilDustBunny

Madam bunny, may I introduce you to the evil Mr. Excel. I'd encourage you to put everything down into a spread sheet. Over the next couple of days all the little things that pop up and bills that you pay yearly or quarterly will need to be included.

http://www.jtkt.com/chief/mcc/Budget_worksheet.xls

I plugged in generic numbers so that you can see how everything works including the car payment calculator. It's mostly color coded and should be pretty straight forward other than putting in the correct tax percentages.

Just make sure that you don't type in values over some of the formulas...I added things like $/mile just to see how much it costs in gas to drive around when I was trying to decide between a muscle car, motorcycle, truck, or car. Let me know if you need anything else.

+++

For the little things, don' forget to include "occassional" purchases like batteries, cleaning supplies/laundry stuff, oil changes for the car, ammo for the weekends, etc.

so i was planning on moving out. . . guess its as good of a time as ever to stop eating so much, i could use to loose the weight...

(edited)

Crunch the numbers. Then decide whether saving lots of $ is worth living at home.

Moving out will cost a lot more, but staying at home could come at a social/physcho cost as well. I chose to go away to school, and I still suggest the same to anyone that asks. It will cost you, but the rewards are far greater.

Oh... but I do have one problem with your plan: moving in with a boyfried/girlfriend. There are a good number of issues with that idea. Have you thought much about that?

Edited by duma

I need a roomate *sigh*

LOL No you need a girlfriend!!! Oh wait, then you'd be spending alot more money.. Hmm Im starting to understand why 2 lame professional men would be living the good life, till its bedtime..

LOL No you need a girlfriend!!! Oh wait, then you'd be spending alot more money.. Hmm Im starting to understand why 2 lame professional men would be living the good life, till its bedtime..

Ahh yes, I would defintely take a girlfriend over a roomate.... I once had a girlfriend, I'm not sure if I still do. Once you decide to take some time apart, they like to make you think there is still something there between the two of you ocassionally, then when you think there is, they like to call you an idiot for thinking that, treat you like the nasty random girl you brought home from the bar the other night and then tell you how stupid you are for not being able to comprehend anything. Then they take a dump in front of your door...

so dude I was actually thinking the other day, If there wasn't such thing as *bedtime*, I would be lame. It would be just like hanging out with your buddies all day.

• 1 year later...