30 Seconds to Mars

Playaa

I had heard of this band before but never really listened to their music...I caught a song on the radio by them yesterday and they are GREAT.

I really like the kind of "scream-o" bands like Blindside, Funeral for a Friend, Story of the Year, etc...well these guys fit very well into that group but they also stand out a bit as their vocals are INCREDIBLE. There is so much raw emotion coming out of their singer (who is the actor Jared Leto if you know who that is). Definitely worth checking out.

I recommend previewing the song "The Kill" and "From Yesterday" over at Amazon. I'd upload some mp3's of them but I only have M4P's (iTunes files that can only be played by me).

The Fantasy and Savior are also awesome tracks from them. 30 Seconds to Mars is Jared Leto's band that he is in with his older brother. And yes, it is THAT Jared Leto from Fight Club/Lord of War/Hollywood fame. I saw them in concert when they were in Chicago like 2 months ago and it was the best concert I have ever been to.

I've heard they are pretty amazing live. All I know is that Jared Leto is not anything like the other Hollywood stars who try to have a band...the guy can actually sing and do it very well.

Their song "The Kill" plays often on the solid rock station here. At first I thought thy didn't belonged on a "solid" rock, or "metal" radio station...but that's what they're being played on.

sadly Shazz it seems that JHymn does not work with any accounts that have used iTunes 6...and mine has. This has been a problem since October of last year and still hasn't been fixed.

thx for trying though

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

yomamma :wavey:

and i have been a fan of this band since my soph year in high school, which makes 4 years?

Their first album was fantastic, but their newer release is far superior.

i absolutely love this band. Their new single, From yesterday, is superb. The video that goes along with it is also very well done.

and agreed, his vocals are amazing.

one of my fav bands by far.