ghosting

GC Alumni
I still have no idea how to tell who is ghosting.
honestly, i don't look for it. there's 21 other people in the server that will mention the slighest fishiness.

but then again, when it's being done in the west channel on teamspeak, it's really, really hard to not notice.

i nearly had a friggen aneurysm last night when i came in and heard "he's over at A. two at A, one coming B."

<counts backwards from 10>

i'd be having a more intimate conversation with these guys if i could associate names with the new voices. after restraining myself from reaching through my mic and strangling them, i calmly asked them to stop. well, i intended to ask in a calm tone. not sure if it came out that way.

at anyrate, in case people aren't aware, again, a friendly reminder.

using teamspeak to tell your team the location of enemies is not cool on the pub.

I still have no idea how to tell who is ghosting.

Ghosting is like walling, but subtler, because players won't ever do anything like accurately shoot at enemies through doors and thin walls. All you'd be likely to notice is an uncanny ability to make good decisions with regards to what areas to cover and where to walk and run, and sometimes sudden direction reversals just after their enemies change directions.

e.g.

I'm walking towards long A from A, then my enemy balks outside long and goes back down the middle. I immediately turn and head back into A at full speed. Unless my enemy is being noisy, there's a chance I'm ghosting. If you see that happen a lot, the odds of me psychically knowing where enemies are turns into a good chance that I'm ghosting.

Don't confuse this with players getting in someone's head, listening carefully, or using experience and logic to know where people are or what they will do. People who listen carefully can often tell where someone is and which way they're going much further away than you'd expect. Some people pay attention to their radar, and know where their teammates got killed, by whom, and often where the enemy was and how many other people fired by the gunfire, and that knowledge will usually give them a good idea of where they should go.

Some people pay attention to their radar, and know where their teammates got killed, by whom, and often where the enemy was and how many other people fired by the gunfire, and that knowledge will usually give them a good idea of where they should go.

very good point, people sometimes call hacking or walling on me due to knowing my surroundings.

GC Alumni

i'd be having a more intimate conversation with these guys if i could associate names with the new voices.

-windowed

:D

my new mission in life is to have windowed capability removed from css. after that, i'm coming to umass, knocking you out, and shaving your beard (after writing hilarious things on your forehead with an oversized sharpie). maybe i'll do that first.

i'd be having a more intimate conversation with these guys if i could associate names with the new voices.

-windowed

:D

my new mission in life is to have windowed capability removed from css. after that, i'm coming to umass, knocking you out, and shaving your beard (after writing hilarious things on your forehead with an oversized sharpie). maybe i'll do that first.

Expect game updates during our next match, possibly with screenshots. :peace:

How about people who hear the footsteps and reverse direction?

Already addressed, read carefully.

Don't confuse this with players getting in someone's head, listening carefully, or using experience and logic to know where people are or what they will do. People who listen carefully can often tell where someone is and which way they're going much further away than you'd expect.

No need to discuss technicalities, just don't ghost on TS (or admin chat).

How about people who hear the footsteps and reverse direction?

Already addressed, read carefully.

Don't confuse this with players getting in someone's head, listening carefully, or using experience and logic to know where people are or what they will do. People who listen carefully can often tell where someone is and which way they're going much further away than you'd expect.

No need to discuss technicalities, just don't ghost on TS (or admin chat).

Ah, I'm stupid. For some reason I passed over that post lol

When you use teamspeak to talk to a player still alive when you are dead about something unrelated to the game being played, is that ok?

Just don't give a player any knowledge they wouldn't have about the game. Chit-chat and blah-blah would be OK, but possibly distracting. IMO watching a player and ragging on them as they fail to identify enemies and such is also OK (i.e. be an extra set of eyes from their own perspective, seeing only what they would be able to see).

Guest Dude-
Guest Dude-
Guest Dude-
Guests

Just want to clear something up...just because I know where you are, does NOT automatically mean I am ghosting.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D