banned w/o warning

meez

Ok, so I said "BS" three times in 72.37.147.22:27015 and was banned for swearing. Obviously, I had a warning in the message from entering the server, and for this, i apologize. However, I feel that next time a warning should be issued from the admin to the individual, as the abbreviation "BS" isn't necessarily vulgar when used in the context of counter-strike. I see something happen that shouldn't have, and I spontaneously type "BS." It just so happens that this one gaming session turned into me being "BSed" (IMO) several times. To add to this dilemma, I was banned. Forgive me.

handle:

meez

STEAM_0:0:262222

thanks again.

Not only is that considered swearing in our servers, but in the instance above its considered whining and poor sportsmanship which is not tolerated on the GC servers as well. Try saying nice shot every once and awhile instead of assuming your uber l337 skillz were topped by a system glitch.

I wasn't the banning admin and I don't have access to unban you from work. But assuming you understand both ideas and are willing to make an effort to adhere to them, I don't see a problem in someone who has access at this moment unbanning you.

If I get home this evening and it you haven't been unbanned and there are no objections, I'll take care of it then.

Let's wait to see what the banning admin has to say. Always two sides to a story.

If it's as you say, then I'm sure your ban will be lifted. But sadly, we've had many instances where folks say one thing. And the logs tell an entirely different story.

Be patient. :peace:

You're topic title and your post are at odds. Either way tho, there are plenty of warnings and admins don't necessarily have to warn you for sportsmanship before taking action.

Otherwise, Bub summed it up quite nicely. :)

There is no such things as a ban w/o a warning. The warning is in your face on your way in the server. There are repeated warnings in the form of advertisements as well.

PS. I classify BS as whining before I do swearing....and we can't standing whining either.

i understand what you guys are saying. i am definitely the type of player that does appreciate other players skills. the reason why i "whine" is because sometimes you dont get the luck of the draw, and that seems to frustrate me on bad days. lets just say, that day was a bad day for me (other that cs).

*/start flatter mode*

I honestly appreciate the environment you set forth in counter-strike. Instead of going to servers where vulgarity and adolescence rules, I can assure myself that there won't be any douche bags on your playing fields.

*/end*

thanks again.

I have a feeling this was my ban. I recall recently that a person kept whining during the game. I didn't warn until s/he used the word BS. I then did an admin chat across the server warning about using the abbreviation. That person kept with the routine, so I banned them.

I make this post only to suggest that if was me, there was a warning. That being the case, I have nothing else to add then what has already been said.

hmmm........ the name doesn't look familiar, but I have made bans before on West..... so'll if any other admin doesn't claim it, then I guess I will.....

I sense his sincerity in the matter, if LA's are ok, unban him. Just keep in mind MEEZ that rulz are rulz and they are posted bluntly as you walkin the door... no warnings are required and no further warnings will be issued to you, this is your FINAL WARNING.

BANSTICK -locked -loaded

Allow the admin who bans to have the final say (if, as in this case, they have checked in in the topic). I pointed out that's what I was waiting for. If you're anxious, PM him next time.