For all you recent grads, have you found a job?

Xterminator

Hey guys and gals i just wanted to know. Many of us in the community have just finished our post secondary education, the next logical step is to enter the working world and start providing for yourself and loved ones (if you have them or need be). I have found a job in my field (Telecommunications) i'm working for a company called COM DEV. They specialize in space components. My job is testing stuff at microwave frequencies. It's a pretty cool job and as my first job since graduation (which i technically havn't experienced yet) it's great. Good pay, great people.

So for all you other recent grads, have you found a job in your field? and if so what are you doing?

lol well i can't tell you exactly what i do (security clearance). But if you know anything about electronics, more specifically switches and multiplexers, i test stuff for that. If it fails here, it fails in space. If by some chance it pases here and fails in space, well you really can't go up there and fix it now can ya!

i just graduated from Albion College (Shropshire is no longer able to change my grades!) with a Physics major and a Math minor. I am now a Research Assisstant at the University of Michigan Dearborn working on the rapid prototyping machine sponsored by the United States Army. Currently I am designing a robot that will grit blast materials for our project fully automated. In the fall I will be attending the University of Michigan Ann Arbor spending two years to get my Mechanical Engineering degree.

I also play professional baseball.........historic baseball. I'm the center fielder for the Henry Ford Museum and Greenfield Village Lah De Dah's. You might have heard of us. I sign autographs for little kids as "Soapdish".

I also play professional baseball.........historic baseball. I'm the center fielder for the Henry Ford Museum and Greenfield Village Lah De Dah's. You might have heard of us. I sign autographs for little kids as "Soapdish".

Man, that's awesome. I love the name!

Man, that's awesome. I love the name!

check this out:

n36200340_30015372_5120.jpg

that's Silk, Lil Sudsie, Nick Soapdish, and the Beast (left to right) (lil bro, lil bro, me, pops)

Edited by Nick Soapdish

iI also play professional baseball.........historic baseball. I'm the center fielder for the Henry Ford Museum and Greenfield Village Lah De Dah's. You might have heard of us. I sign autographs for little kids as "Soapdish".

Might have to go and see you play. Anything scheduled for the 4th festivities? :smiling2:

the 4th is always fireworks and detroit symphony orchestra i think they might be getting itzak pearlman this year.

if you want to go on a normal day to see a baseball game or just hang at the village let me know, possible free tix.

I'll keep that in mind - haven't been down since the 4th three years ago (before the remodel).

• 2 weeks later...

I graduated college last october cum laude in Sound Design...I applied to lots of places (Ubisoft is the most notable) but with no luck...I eventually got this job running business AV systems in a hotel, I still get to play with the toys but have to wear a suit and deal with mondo stress...I'm also getting paid in peanuts :(

In my year off from school I worked for the warranty division of a company called Aon, finding and tracking unauthorized charges on the corporate credit card...it was FASCINATING :blink: