new proposed map cycles

take a look. all stock cfgs, no weapon restrictions. new cycle isn't up yet, but probably will be later today.

:peace:

UPDATED:

mornings:

de_dust2

cs_office

de_nuke

cs_italy

de_inferno

middays:

de_dust2

de_prodigy

cs_office

de_villa

cs_italy

de_piranesi

de_nuke

de_cbble

evenings:

de_dust2

de_train

de_dust

de_contra

cs_office

de_cpl_fire

cs_italy

de_cpl_mill

de_cbble

de_tides

de_nuke

de_piranesi

de_villa

de_prodigy

de_inferno

latenights:

de_dust2

de_cbble

de_prodigy

cs_office

de_dust

de_inferno

cs_italy

overnights:

de_dust2

cs_office

GC Alumni
bad idea to put de_dust in map cycle for morning..
can you back that up with a more specific reason? i'm looking for maps that will help extend the primetime/full hours. in the past, dust, dust2, and office (not in that order) have been the best pub maps for traffic.

!. de_dust - fills up fast, but then empties just as fast after the 4th round when CT's start whipping out the awps and full-auto's.---- I say leave it out of rotation till evenings

2. de_villa - I've actually been able to get some good turn outs morning-midday and it usually stays full till the end..... and then assault pops up ....... server death -------- I say try putting de_villa in the rotation for a bit.

3. de_inferno - This one actually stays full thru the morning and midday for me, but depends on the day though it seems. --------- try this one out for the midday, but I'll be putting it on in the morning anyways... keke:)

GC Alumni

thanks for the feedback. i haven't made the changes yet, but i'll try some of your ideas when i upload it. :boing:

but I'll be putting it on in the morning anyways...
i'm glad you brought this up. seeing the admins break out of the rotation is a good thing....assuming you think "is this going to kill the server" before doing it. :peace:

GC Alumni

still haven't updated yet. the latenight cycle needs some help, but not sure what to put in...

is a plain dust2/office 24x7 style a bad idea overnight (4a-8a)?

mornings:

de_dust2

cs_office

de_nuke

cs_italy

de_inferno

middays:

de_dust2

de_prodigy

cs_office

de_villa

cs_italy

de_piranesi

de_nuke

de_cbble

evenings:

de_dust2

de_train

de_dust

de_contra

cs_office

de_cpl_fire

cs_italy

de_cpl_mill

de_cbble

de_tides

de_nuke

de_piranesi

de_villa

de_prodigy

de_inferno

latenights:

de_dust2

de_cbble

de_prodigy

cs_office

de_dust

de_inferno

cs_italy

overnights:

de_dust2

cs_office

dont worry slim, if you said it, it has to be a word!! right?

but good idea slim..

de_villa is a fun map, alot of the regs like me like it alot.

i like the midday rotation except for aztec, personally i dont care

for it to much lately, cause im tired of 1 sided maps, but i guess it

would be ok, since i know people like to play it regardless.

GC Alumni
i like the midday rotation except for aztec, personally i dont care

for it to much lately, cause im tired of 1 sided maps, but i guess it

would be ok, since i know people like to play it regardless.

aztec is out, but prodigy is in. hopefully it's spaced out enough between favored maps to keep it fun. let me know, this is really easy to change.

re: overnights

i'm going to try the dust2/office rotation with a 24x7 feel...

- timelimit = 60

- fraglimit = 100

- winlimit = 0

- hostname = GCftw.com | Dust2/Office | WestCoast > Insomnia (Immutable)

this will run between 3am-8am 7 days/week. friendly fire will stay on so people don't get really confused.

i'll also include an executable cfg in case an admin *cough* DUNLAVY *cough* shows up in the middle of the night and wants to break this two map rotation. admins: ma_rcon exec stock.cfg AFTER starting the map will go back to a stock setup for JUST THAT MAP. sorry, but i can't think of a better way to do it.

- timelimit = 30

- fraglimit = 0

- winlimit = 10

- hostname = GCftw.com | FF | Stock | WestCoast > Immutable 100tic

atm, there's nothing to lose. traffic always dies between 3am-4am. we haven't had a full 24 hour traffic day in a long, long time. if anyone (that plays at this time) objects, post up. this is just another experiment.

GC Alumni

Mmmm'kay. mapcycle is update. if you guys notice people jumping ship on a certain map, i'll buy you a burrito if you post with:

- map name

- time

- player count (before/after)

if not, i'll fart in your general direction.

:peace:

Guest AngaelofDaeth
Guest AngaelofDaeth
Guest AngaelofDaeth
Guests

Some more cs_ maps would be nice. Atm, I feel there are too many de_ maps.

Hey, maybe ka_airdrop2 could be added. :D

Guest Careful Aim
Guest Careful Aim
Guest Careful Aim
Guests

All good except de_dust: that's a really not-fun map.

Also, and I realize I'm in the minority, I really enjoy de_compound. Unlike de_assault, it's a CT uber-aggressive map with lots of cool variations, and is especially interesting when people know how to use smoke effectively.

2 words.................MORE CONTRA!

oh and if you would be so kind as to replace the de_dust, that is on the current server with the crazy lighting, with the original de_dust, that has the original lighting. I know it is not just me because whenever we are there, there are always a few complaints about how some can't play, or dislike playing with the new lighting

Thanx

Yeah, there seems to be more people staying for contra and villa lately, instead of leaving like it used to be. Nice rotation John, although I would agree that dust and (IMO) prodigy are a bit more CT-sided and uncomfortable for the Ts.

GC Alumni
oh and if you would be so kind as to replace the de_dust, that is on the current server with the crazy lighting, with the original de_dust, that has the original lighting.
sorry, there aren't two different versions. valve added hdr to dust (also on nuke, and...?). personally, i've just turned hdr off in my video options.

also, i hope the new rotation starts taking. traffic has been seriously hurting since it was changed up.