Request to get unbanned

Rasputin

(edited)

First off, great servers and community. I'm an admin at another large community (indygamers.com) that prides itself on being mature and professional so I understand how difficult it is to maintain a level of decency here and on the servers. You guys do a great job.

I've been banned for a while now, and I dont' know why. I don't play much but when I do, I prefer not to play with ethug allstars and instead concentrate on the game. I think I may have been banned for what someone thought was hacking. At least it's the only thing I can think of since I respect the server rules.

But I'm pretty sure I was never given a warning, or banned and kicked from the game itself, it just said I was banned one day when I tried to connect. I don't even see my steam id in the banned list.

But I can assure you I wouldn't have done anything that warranted being banned for. And if I did, I would like to know what that was so I may apologize and curb the behavior. It's more likely someone thought I was hacking, as I aim exlusively for the head and have a decent accuracy stat in servers that keep those type of things. About 1/3 my kills are headshots. I'm a solid player only because I've been playing since late beta and competed in CAL back in v.1.3 through v.1.6. But I don't hack, and never have.

Again, sorry I don't know exactly what happened, or when it was, but I enjoy playing on the servers primarily because of the mature and relaxed environment. Being one of the top admins for another gaming community, I'd like to be unbanned so I can play with some of my friends that play here frequently. In fact, I still recommend your servers to co-workers and other mature gamers looking for somewhere to play.

I'm pretty sure it would have been the Chicago stock CSS server.

Thanks for the consideration.

Name: Rasputin

STEAM_0:1:100040

Edited by Rasputin

You don't get banned on .gc servers for hacking unless it is completely obvious or if there is a demo that proves you were hacking. The admins here are very responsible and don't ban unless there was a reason for it. Some of the reasons are

-bad language

-filter dodge

-tking purposly

-hacking

-attitude towards admins

Those are some of the reasons, think hard, did you do any of the listed above. Well anyway, that is really all I have to say. I am as well currently banned, you will see my thread directly under yours. Anyway, I hope things work out for ya. I agree, .gc servers are great because of the maturity and the relaxed environment.

Take it easy man.

-Luck of the Irish

stats search doesn't show you playing in the past 21 days.

http://69.221.180.211/hlstats/hlstats.php?...nfo&player=2169

your steam id only hits this post in a forum search.

http://www.gamrs.co/forums/in...highlite=100040

:unsure:

players w/ skills (i.e. NOT lunk) should not be getting banned for h4x w/o a demo. don't see any of those in the admin forums.

so....

1. sit tight. maybe a midwest admin remembers something. i don't remember what i ate for breakfast today.

2. you know our rules? "clean server." that covers a lot: no pr0n, swearing, racism, or "my dad can beat up your dad" etc.

3. check our other servers. are you banned on all or just chicago/recrud/stock?

stats search doesn't show you playing in the past 21 days.

http://69.221.180.211/hlstats/hlstats.php?...nfo&player=2169

your steam id only hits this post in a forum search.

http://www.gamrs.co/forums/in...highlite=100040

:unsure:

players w/ skills (i.e. NOT lunk) should not be getting banned for h4x w/o a demo. don't see any of those in the admin forums.

so....

1. sit tight. maybe a midwest admin remembers something. i don't remember what i ate for breakfast today.

2. you know our rules? "clean server." that covers a lot: no pr0n, swearing, racism, or "my dad can beat up your dad" etc.

3. check our other servers. are you banned on all or just chicago/recrud/stock?

Thanks for looking into it. I can play on the aimmap server, but not MW or WC. It's been a few months since I tried (April 1st ?), I just assumed it was a mistake and at some point would clear if it was an auto kick/ban or something.

I've looked over the rules and everything looks as it should. I can't believe I would have done anything outside of those simple guidelines to provoke a ban. I wouldn't post to be unbanned if I knowingly got banned for good reason.

But, don't go too far out of your way to research it. Not that big of a deal. Just saw GC in the history and thought to check again.

Whatever you decide on, thanks for the quick response.

i'm going to lift the ban on the midwest stock server (216.86.154.199:27015). maybe read through the motd rules, but definitely keep an eye on this thread. if another admin comes forward with more info, we'll have to sort that out before the ban gets perm lifted.

have fun and welcome to the forums.

Thanks! You guys are pros. I'm off to an Allman Bros concert tonight after work, so it'll probably be Wednesday before I try it out. Thanks again.

This might be showing his age, he should fit right in there between Lunk and Pavid.

<drop kicks Duke in the nay-nays>

<scoffs>

-asks Lunk if he blew out a hip during said kick

-scans Ebay for steel-toed heavy duty nay nay athletic supporter crushing boots.

Stutters, you crack me up! :lol2::lol2::lol2:

notes to self:

- unban rasputin

- delete allman brothers mp3s

- check ebay for heavy duty nay nay athletic supporter.

Ship the Allman mp3s my way. I could stand to listen to something more modern.