Scoutknives...

Not only that, but from what I have personally seen, I've never seen any map other than SK actually get a vote to be extended.

If an admin calls a map vote, vote to extend seems like an automatic option that can't be removed, so any time you see a map vote getting called extend is gonna be on there.

On the other hand, since scoutzknivez isn't on the maplist it can't make its way onto a mapvote, and it can only be voted on with a question vote (basically a poll that doesn't do anything, just tallies votes).

Those two statements aren't meant to have some correlation, just a pair of FYIs.

I rarely get the sense that people want a timelimit/winlimit extension on GC servers, except for the pubstars who are always typing "EXTEND!!1" at the end of dust2. Playing SK on a packed GC server is a rare commodity though, and for those that enjoy it a desire to extend is gonna be there because the map isn't coming back for a while.

i will be playin sk on recrud from 7-8pm then 9-10pm then 11-12pm, because im mean like that

If I see it I might hop on. I finally figured out how to shoot a stationary target in the face. :luxhello:

i will be playin sk on recrud from 7-8pm then 9-10pm then 11-12pm, because im mean like that

lol... i think i'll be a part of that so i can knife u a few times

Just spam "ma_knives" into the admin chat, someone will eventually set it. Fun for five rounds or more.

I think its time for a new map or two to be added into the map rotation. Like put de_3rdstreet back in, I love that map. I started a thread on the map cycle because I honestly think people are starting to get bored with the old classic maps like office, dust, and aztec, I think we should keep them, but maybe remove one or two and replace it with a different map, so that way people won't get tired of the rotation that is set right now.

I suggest de_3rdstreet, de_nuke, de_deltamill, de_cplfire, de_cplmill, de_ratcusinv5. All of these are amazing maps that could easily take the place of a map that players might be bored with. I know that all of use (or most of us) like maps like dust, dust2 or aztec, but these are the very very first maps that we played when we first bought CS, I know my first map that I ever played was de_aztec, while these are good maps, they get old after time.

I say we add two new maps into the rotation and keep the old ones. Currently, I think we have a 5 map rotation, since a lot of people love these old classic maps, if we had a 7 map rotation with two maps being new to the rotation, I think people wouldn't be as bored with these maps. Or remove a map or two if you think a 7 map rotation is too long and put a new map or two in there. Or if people really just love playing scout knives (I know I do), just put scout knives in the rotation.

Anyway, let me know what you guys think of my idea, I have already had a few response on my thread, some agree with me, some don't. I just think in order for somthing like this too happen, there needs to be a very high percentage of people who are in agree with me. Anyway, either reply to this or PM me letting me know what you think (I prefer PMing me).

Take it easy fellas

-Irish

My my my, this has turned into quite a debate. I do not want to start bad feelings, I am loud with my complaints and silent with my praises at times.

I was angry when I posted that first one and after thinking about it and reading the following posts I think I can say a few things...

I personally hate this map and never want it to be played, which clouds my judgement.

Many people like it and it does seem to keep the server full when it is played nowadays.

I have heard if said a few times that the server does indeed die off when the regular rotation comes back on after SK has been played. Does this not have the same effect on server traffic as if it had died during SK? Full server -> SK -> Not full server. Same effect. Many times I want to play later at night and after SK goes off and certain admins go to bed the server has trouble getting back up to snuff. Does this indicate that we should keep the server on SK to keep traffic up?

I would like as a GC member and recrud regular for my opinion on changing it over to be considered, but can honor the majority if they want to play it.

I will either stop playing or switch over to mayhem when it gets put on. My decision, play or don't play, no one elses problem.

I would ask that others in this thread do not speak for me.

If people really want to play this map I will be fine with that but if certain people decide to use it just because they know it irritates people (maybe just me) and stack it on for that purpose... I will lose alot of respect for them. I do not think that is funny, fair, or what GC supposedly stands for.

If people really want to play this map I will be fine with that but if certain people decide to use it just because they know it irritates people (maybe just me) and stack it on for that purpose... I will lose alot of respect for them. I do not think that is funny, fair, or what GC supposedly stands for.

<Ya caught me farmer, I've been putting it on to make you leave the server because I'm tired of you killin' me all the time :D >

Seriously, I don't put on a map to irritate anyone. Used to be a time I would throw up SK without asking anyone if they wanted it or not. Those days are gone. I always ask. And if there are mostly gc members on I ask them in admin chat. If it's a hodge podge of folks I ask all. And if I get a majority of "yes" then it gets switched at the end of the current map. If I don't get a majority then we continue on with the next map in the cycle.

I have heard if said a few times that the server does indeed die off when the regular rotation comes back on after SK has been played.

When I said people left at the end, it wasn't a whole lot just several, and it didn't seem to hurt traffic much. I can't speak to others' experience.

I doubt this is what's going on, or will be. M2's skin is thick from all the foundation he wears, so you'll have to excuse him if he pokes fun at everyone else too.

:peace:

<Ya caught me farmer, I've been putting it on to make you leave the server because I'm tired of you killin' me all the time :D >

Seriously, I don't put on a map to irritate anyone. Used to be a time I would throw up SK without asking anyone if they wanted it or not. Those days are gone. I always ask. And if there are mostly gc members on I ask them in admin chat. If it's a hodge podge of folks I ask all. And if I get a majority of "yes" then it gets switched at the end of the current map. If I don't get a majority then we continue on with the next map in the cycle.

LOL no, I do not like it when you put it on but I know it is not what I was describing... more along the lines of M2's post, though I am pretty sure he was kidding.