Where's UT2K4???

Had to scrounge at some yard sales, but eventually got a couple of my favs: Combat, Pac-Man, Outlaw, and Kangaroo...good cartridges.

Combat = good

Pac man = :( ...

Outlaw = good

Kangaroo = Had to have been better than Pac right?

Tunnel Runner, River Raid, Warlords, Circus Atari, Adventure, Asteroids, most anything on the Supercharger, Pitfall, Pitfall 2. Good stuff there.

-Fk

All we had was a black and white console that played pong and a few variations and came with a light gun. Thing is it ran off of 4 or 6 DD batteries and my folks only bought them the one time...was fun while the batteries lasted, lol.

I didn't become an addict untill I was 12. Got a TI/99 4A for christmas when they were $50. I used to pick up cans on the side of the road and recycle them for cash to by game carts. Later I found out a guy in class already had the system and bookoo's of games. We became best friends for many years, untill women became involved.

This thread has turned into my expertise. As Primus knows what I do for living keeps these games alive with the emulation systems I put together. You guys haven't mentioned a game yet that I can't walk over and play any time I want home console or arcade. :smillie_smilling:

My big machine supports:

MAME 4000+ arcade games

daphne 20 laserdisc games (all that daphne supports)

vpinball 1751 boards (vpinball stands for visual pinball)

PacMAME 100+ (all pacman type games)

Plus a host of home console and PC games:

SNES 3741 roms (Super Nintendo Entertainment System)

NES 8373 roms (Nintendo Entertainment System)

N64 1003 roms (Nintendo 64 bit)

Gameboy 5806

C64 ~18000 (Commadore 64)

Amiga (several thousand)

AtariST (several thousand)

Apple2 1000+

Vic20 1000+

Atari 2600 (maybe all) 500+

Atari 5200 100+

Atari 7200 (maybe all) 50+

Vectrex ~100

Atari 800 100s

Atari Lynx 100+

Colecovision 50+

Nameco22 (1 - Rave Racer)

PCEngine 100+

MSX 100+

Commodore SID (30,000 sound files)

Not just you CF - though you win for sheer quantity (not roms, I mean I saw a pic of your collection... :) )

My 7 foot tall 4 player MAME behemoth is in rebuild mode otherwise I'd throw up a pic or two...

Spinner prices can come down any time now...

-Fk

Hrm screw vacationing in hawaii or alaska, I'm goin to cannons house

These pics are a bit old but here is a typical party at my place taken by a friend of mine:

http://www.chimenti.org/arcade/092003/index.htm

This is before I started building my big cabinets that support all of the game systems I mentioned previously:

http://www.ricksgamerepair.com/misc/big_cab.jpg

BTW, I'm the one on the white T-shirt with the "and you're telling me this because?" stuff on the front.

Not just you CF - though you win for sheer quantity (not roms, I mean I saw a pic of your collection... :) )

My 7 foot tall 4 player MAME behemoth is in rebuild mode otherwise I'd throw up a pic or two...

Spinner prices can come down any time now...

-Fk

I don't have time to deal with this before vacation but I build my own spinners. If you have a wood control panel and the right interface and like mine I can help you out at my cost which is something like $30.

did u go to FF this year primetheus?

EIther I didn't meet him, or he wasn't there....

BTW Wentz - you have to come. If {Q} could show up from the Great Southwest, then you could too! :D

(edited)

No, I didn't get to go this year. However, I will be there for sure next year. Wentz you and lex need to get away for a weekend and come next year. BTW---Unclean, if you want to go next year just let me know we could car pool. With you staying in Chicago, your like 30 minutes to an hour from me depending what part. Shadow is coming with me next year too so it should be a lot of fun. :lol2:

I hope Dingy goes again next year, i'm looking forward to meeting you in person dude. :D I'd love to see a good turn out of UT players next year, that way we can get into a Tourney and own them all. :biglaugha::biglaugha:

Edited by Primus

That'd be awesome, Primus - I think you two would be on the way to Ohio for me, so it'd work well.

And you can always spot a CS player playing UT because they find a good hidden spot on a map and use the assault rifle. :)

It's not the assault rifle nub! IT THE MINIGUN!!!!! :D:D:D

Yeah, but it is kind of hard to kill the Goliath with a rifle or a mini. It can be done, but.... :D

It would be great meeting all of you guys. Shouldn't Flitter be there too?

If you have seen any of the druk DJ pictures from FF - I'm the guy in the BigAss hat and Cisco

sweatshirt next to the people supporting him. And remember - if you ever pass out at FF, make sure

you keep your pants on and wear skivies - FF can be a rather cruel crowd (it took DJ until the next

morning to find out that someone had gifted him with artwork on his posterior).

BTW - I have fallen into oblivion. help? (physical and mental accepted!). Should be back soon.