Memorable Movie Moments

Tek-Almighty

I was sitting in bed tonight, watching what will probably be one of the last films I view at the old diggs, before the move to the new place...

I was watching "The Shining" a great Stanley Kubrick film. I remembered the trailers for the movie...1979 I think...I remember the blood in the elevator, and I started to think: "What are the single best movie scenes of all time...?

Well, I thought I would make a list and see if you all had anything to say about it.

I will not rank mine, b/c that is too hard...but I will number them to make it cohesive and simple...

1) "The Shining" Jack and Lloyd having an imaginary conversation about his boy Danny and his wife Wendy and all the stuff that goes with it. About 1hr 07 min into film. Lloyd is pouring Jack some bourbon and Jack is confessing. Great convo...

2754-1.jpg

2) Another Stanley Kubrick film...this time it is "A Clockwork Orange" The opening scene where Alex and his three droogs are sitting in the Korova milk bar and the crazy music is humming along. "What's it going to be then, eh?"

clockworkorange.jpg

3) "Fight Club" When Tyler and The Narrator are outside the bar for the first time, thinking about fighting...

Narrator: Well, what do you want me to do? You just want me to hit you?

Tyler Durden: C'mon, do me this one favor.

Narrator: Why?

Tyler Durden: Why? I don't know why; I don't know. Never been in a fight. You?

Narrator: No, but that's a good thing.

Tyler Durden: No, it is not. How much can you know about yourself, you've never been in a fight?

4) The Balrog and Gandalf from "The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring." At the bridge of Kazad Dum, when Gandalf stares down the face of doom and is a bad*** in the process.

balrog.jpg

5) The independent, never seen movie "Wit" Dr. Vivian Bearing, whilst dying of cancer is having a bedtime story read to her by her Oxford british lit professor, Dr. Ashford. Very touching scene, and hard to watch with dry eyes.

B00005MKKV.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

6) The Michael Mann movie "Heat" This is the turning point in the middle of the film. The bank robbers (led by Deniro) are coming out of the bank, and the cops (led by Pacino) are trying to intercept them in the middle of a busy L.A. downtown. Baddest gunfight ever.

10101901A~Al-Pacino-Heat-Posters.jpg

7)...

that is all for now...I may be inspired by some of your posts, but the next 5 are coming soon....

Edited by Tek-Almighty

Tombstone

Doc Holiday to Jonny Ringo "I'm your Huckleberry"

Actually there are several moments/lines in Tombstone that are quite good.

Full Metal Jacket

Powell what is your major malfunction.

Couple more movies that have several moments

Platoon

Apocalypse Now (Love the smell of napalm in the morning)

Have to go along with the gunfight in Heat, it's one of the best choreographed (if that's a term you can apply to a gunfight) scenes I've ever seen in a film.

Benny Hill (as Professor Peach) in the original Italian Job (if you've not seen it, it's very different to much poorer Hollywood version and definite must see)... "Are they big? I like 'em big"

And one of my favorite scenes is from "Ice Cold in Alex" (black and white North African WW2 movie).

There's a scene where they are repairing the tire on their jeep and the jack gives out, Anthony Quayle (who's playing a german spy pretending to be a South African soldier) is trapped under the jeep and does his best to try and keep it off the ground resting on his back so they can finish changing the tire.

The line from John Mills

"That's the best bloody effort you'll ever see" has never been said at a better time, although GJ would probably have done the trick.

A very politically accurate exchange that I liked from the film Zulu had the line (can't remember who said it).

"The army doesn't like more than one disaster in a day, it looks bad in the newspapers and upsets civilians at their breakfast"

The Eagle has landed (another WW2 movie) - German paratroopers are dropped into East Anglia (Eastern England) to kidnap Churchill. They're dressed as Polish soldiers and doing a practise operation in the main street of a little village when a little girl who is watching falls into the water by a mill, one of the soldiers dives in to get her out and then dies on the mill wheel, which moves his Polish uniform and shows the iron cross he is wearing underneath. The mother turns to the commanding officer (Michael Caine) and says:

"Colonel, I understand none of this. I don't wish you well with whatever you are doing here, but I'm grateful for the life of my child".

To which he responds simply, "So am I".

Very touching human moment in a very good war movie.

Really a bit of a quote fest from me, but those are scenes/lines I always remember

Alright you primitive s****heads, listen up! See this? This... is my boomstick! The 12-gauge double-barreled Remington. S-Mart's top of the line. You can find this in the sporting goods department. That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about $109.95. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart. YA GOT THAT?!

Iceman: You two really are cowboys.

Maverick: What's your problem, Kazanski?

Iceman: You're everyone's problem. That's because every time you go up in the air, you're unsafe. I don't like you because you're dangerous.

Maverick: That's right! Ice... man. I am dangerous.

Slider: Crashed and burned! Huh, Mav?

Maverick: Hey, Slider.

[sniffs]

Maverick: You stink!

Viper: In case some of you are wondering who the best is they are up here on this plaque.

Viper: Do you think your name will be on that plaque?

Maverick: Yes sir.

Viper: That's pretty arrogant, considering the company you're in.

Maverick: Yes sir.

Viper: I like that in a pilot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFf4zh-JLPI...vent%20children

Speaks for itself.

"My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, Commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next."

Quintus: People should know when they are conquered.

Maximus: Would you, Quintus? Would I?